Old 05-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Kfir Lavi

Default Genkernel + ROOT=/tmp/rootfs ?

Hi,
I'm building a catalyst target for installing with ROOT=/tmp/rootfs
Looking on the genkernel man page and I can't find a way to install the kernel
to ROOT.
Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,
Kfir

Old 05-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Sebastian Pipping

On 05/16/2011 03:24 PM, Kfir Lavi wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@gmail.com
> <mailto:lavi.kfir@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I'm building a catalyst target for installing with ROOT=/tmp/rootfs
> Looking on the genkernel man page and I can't find a way to install
> the kernel
> to ROOT.
> Is there a way to do that?
>
> Thanks,
> Kfir
>

> Anyone?

I could imagine that

# Set the boot directory, default is /boot
#BOOTDIR="/boot"

in /etc/genkernel.conf is what you need.

Does that work?

Best,

Sebastian