Old 02-11-2008, 10:10 AM
"Simon Turner"

Default eth0 = pcmcia + usb eth

Hi,
I'm having trouble installing gentoo on my old laptop... It says it
can't find the interface eth0. I believe it has to do with the fact I
have a pcmcia card with usb ports on which a usb2eth adapter is
plugged.

On another system I use on that laptop, it usually tries to
recognize my net adapters first (doesn't find any), then recognizes
pcmcia cards which enables support for the usb adapter, then in my
rc.local I have to manually setup my ip address or tell to use dhcp.

Hmmm, from inside the gentoo system, I found lsmod was empty (which
could be normal as I wanted everything compiled in the kernel) and
lspci was not found...

I'm pretty confortable with everything exept these pcmcia cards... if
anybody could give me a hand!

Thanks, Simon