Old 02-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Arnau Bria

Default Satellite A40-201 changing hard disk

Hi,

has someone changed the hard disk of that laptop? (or one from its
family?)
Any advice? May I buy a generic one?

TIA,

--
Arnau Bria
http://blog.emergetux.net

Old 02-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Dan Farrell

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:55:29 +0100
Arnau Bria <arnau@emergetux.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has someone changed the hard disk of that laptop? (or one from its
> family?)
> Any advice? May I buy a generic one?
>
> TIA,

judging by
http://es.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/jsp/SUPPORTSECTION/discontinuedProductPage.do?service=ES&com.broadvis ion.session.new=Yes&PRODUCT_ID=83494

it appears to be a 'normal' laptop, any 'normal' 2.5" drive should work.
If I were you I'd take out the drive and make sure you get the same
kind -- but I haven't heard of anything funky going on with the drives
recently. any generic drive should do the trick.