Old 05-11-2011, 03:15 AM

Default openrc updated, but...

Hi,

after updated to openrc (nearly) successfully, two questions are
remaining:

# What can be removed from /etc beside /etc/conf.d/rc ?

# With my old setup I had a /etc/conf.d/net, which does:
preup() {
ifconfig eth1 hw ether 00:15:F2:18:B0:20 up
return 0
}
Where do I put this one and in which way to have the same
functionality as before?

Thank you very much in advance for any help !

Best regards
mcc

Old 05-11-2011, 05:30 AM
Thanasis

on 05/11/2011 06:15 AM meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote the following:
> Hi,
>
> after updated to openrc (nearly) successfully, two questions are
> remaining:
>

> # What can be removed from /etc beside /etc/conf.d/rc ?
>

> # With my old setup I had a /etc/conf.d/net, which does:
> preup() {
> ifconfig eth1 hw ether 00:15:F2:18:B0:20 up
> return 0
> }
> Where do I put this one and in which way to have the same
> functionality as before?

try
mac_eth1="00:15:F2:18:B0:20" in /etc/conf.d/net