Old 05-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Grant Edwards

Default Prevent depclean from removing Python-2.6?

I ran emerge --depclean the other day on one of my machines and it
removed Python 2.6. I was using Python 2.6 as my "default" python,
and depclean's removal of it broke a _lot_ of stuff. About a half
day's worth of hassle later I had Python 2.6 re-installed and my
system was again usable.

In order to avoid the same circus on my other machines, how do I
prevent emerge --depclean from removing Python 2.6?

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! ANN JILLIAN'S HAIR
at makes LONI ANDERSON'S