Old 05-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Michael Sullivan

Default Need Preferred Applications help

A couple of weeks ago I switched my gcc profile over and rebuilt
everything with emerge -e system and emerge -e world. Now, when I click
on a link in Evolution, seamonkey opens to a blank page instead of to
the link that I clicked on. I'm using gnome-base/gnome-2.32.1.
Seamonkey is my preferred web browser, but I used to have the abiltiy to
supply other options (a.k.a. /usr/bin/seamonkey %s I think it was). Now
I don't have that ability. How can I get this back? I'm getting very
tired of having to copy the link location and manually paste it into an
active seamonkey window...

Old 05-10-2011, 02:44 PM
walt

On 05/09/2011 03:44 PM, Michael Sullivan wrote:
> A couple of weeks ago I switched my gcc profile over and rebuilt
> everything with emerge -e system and emerge -e world. Now, when I click
> on a link in Evolution, seamonkey opens to a blank page instead of to
> the link that I clicked on. I'm using gnome-base/gnome-2.32.1.
> Seamonkey is my preferred web browser, but I used to have the abiltiy to
> supply other options (a.k.a. /usr/bin/seamonkey %s I think it was). Now
> I don't have that ability.

I see the same annoying thing here. I hope it's just a temporary bug,
but there is an easy workaround using gnome's gconf-editor utility.

Start gconf-editor and navigate to desktop::gnome::applications::browser
on the left side, and on the right side you should find an item named
'exec'. Double-click on 'exec' and change the value to seamonkey.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:44 PM
walt