Old 05-08-2011, 10:17 PM
"pat"

Default scanner CanoScan LiDE210

Hello,

I've bought USB scanner CanoScan LiDE210 which is listed with status
"complete" on sane-project. The driver backend name is "genesys".

I've followed the instructions on [1]. The "sane-find-device -q" finds my
scanner as:
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x190a [CanoScan],
chip=GL848+) at libusb:002:006

But when trying to use "xsane" or "scanimage -L" ends with information that
there's not a scanner device.

I've found that there are not records for my scanner in these configuration files:
/etc/hotplug/usb/libsane.usermap
/etc/sane.d/genesys.conf
/lib/udev/rules.d/41-libsane.rules
so, I've added the correct records, but nothing :-(

Please, could someone help?

Thanks

Pat

[1] http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/USB_Scanner

Freehosting PIPNI - http://www.pipni.cz/

Old 05-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Mon, 9 May 2011 00:17:42 +0200, pat wrote:

> I've bought USB scanner CanoScan LiDE210 which is listed with status
> "complete" on sane-project. The driver backend name is "genesys".
>
> I've followed the instructions on [1]. The "sane-find-device -q" finds
> my scanner as:
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x190a [CanoScan],
> chip=GL848+) at libusb:002:006
>
> But when trying to use "xsane" or "scanimage -L" ends with information
> that there's not a scanner device.

What happens when you run scanimage -L as root? When I've seen this
problem before, it was caused by permissions in /dev/usb.

--
Neil Bothwick

Is it possible to be totally partial?

Old 05-09-2011, 06:41 AM
"pat"

On Sun, 8 May 2011 23:28:39 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote
> On Mon, 9 May 2011 00:17:42 +0200, pat wrote:
>
> > I've bought USB scanner CanoScan LiDE210 which is listed with status
> > "complete" on sane-project. The driver backend name is "genesys".
> >
> > I've followed the instructions on [1]. The "sane-find-device -q" finds
> > my scanner as:
> > found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x190a [CanoScan],
> > chip=GL848+) at libusb:002:006
> >
> > But when trying to use "xsane" or "scanimage -L" ends with information
> > that there's not a scanner device.
>
> What happens when you run scanimage -L as root? When I've seen this
> problem before, it was caused by permissions in /dev/usb.

Hi,

Nothing :-( Same output as for user: "No scanners were identified. If you were
expecting something different, check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on
and detected by the sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the
documentation which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages)."

Pat

Freehosting PIPNI - http://www.pipni.cz/

Old 05-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Mon, 9 May 2011 08:41:04 +0200, pat wrote:

> Nothing :-( Same output as for user: "No scanners were identified. If
> you were expecting something different, check that the scanner is
> plugged in, turned on and detected by the sane-find-scanner tool (if
> appropriate). Please read the documentation which came with this
> software (README, FAQ, manpages)."

An update to sane-backends appeared when I updated today. This adds
entries for the LiDE210 to genesys.conf, so updating to 1.0.22 may solve
this for you.

--
Neil Bothwick

There is never enough beer, sex or disk space!

Old 05-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Joost Roeleveld

On Monday 09 May 2011 08:41:04 pat wrote:
> On Sun, 8 May 2011 23:28:39 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote
>
> > On Mon, 9 May 2011 00:17:42 +0200, pat wrote:
> > > I've bought USB scanner CanoScan LiDE210 which is listed with status
> > > "complete" on sane-project. The driver backend name is "genesys".
> > >
> > > I've followed the instructions on [1]. The "sane-find-device -q"
> > > finds
> > > my scanner as:
> > > found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x190a [CanoScan],
> > > chip=GL848+) at libusb:002:006
> > >
> > > But when trying to use "xsane" or "scanimage -L" ends with
> > > information
> > > that there's not a scanner device.
> >
> > What happens when you run scanimage -L as root? When I've seen this
> > problem before, it was caused by permissions in /dev/usb.
>
> Hi,
>
> Nothing :-( Same output as for user: "No scanners were identified. If you
> were expecting something different, check that the scanner is plugged in,
> turned on and detected by the sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate).
> Please read the documentation which came with this software (README, FAQ,
> manpages)."

Do you have the correct driver included on your system and enabled in
"/etc/sane.d/dll.conf" ?

Any messages in "dmesg"?

--
Joost

Old 05-09-2011, 10:54 PM
"pat"

On Mon, 9 May 2011 09:15:33 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote
> On Mon, 9 May 2011 08:41:04 +0200, pat wrote:
>
> > Nothing :-( Same output as for user: "No scanners were identified. If
> > you were expecting something different, check that the scanner is
> > plugged in, turned on and detected by the sane-find-scanner tool (if
> > appropriate). Please read the documentation which came with this
> > software (README, FAQ, manpages)."
>
> An update to sane-backends appeared when I updated today. This adds
> entries for the LiDE210 to genesys.conf, so updating to 1.0.22 may solve
> this for you.
>
> --
> Neil Bothwick
>
> There is never enough beer, sex or disk space!

Thanks Neil !!! It works :-D

Pat

Freehosting PIPNI - http://www.pipni.cz/