Old 05-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Mick

Default Check CPU for throttling

On Tuesday 10 May 2011 21:36:40 Bill Longman wrote:
> On 05/10/2011 01:30 PM, Mick wrote:
> > Same with the other virtual core, "power management" is blank.
> >

> > Am I missing something in my kernel or is my MoBo/CPU feature poor?

> It usually comes down to capabilities in your BIOS, Mick. My P4 won't do
> it either, but that's on a Dell server from 2004. No BIOS support. And
> the CPU can do HT but the BIOS is stupid, too. I still have only one
> CPU/thread.

Thanks Bill, I seem to recall something about Stepping in the BIOS settings
(can't reboot at the moment without risking a domestic incident ...) and I
think I have it enabled (or auto?)

If it is there and I'm not imagining things I'll try disabling it perhaps and
see if the kernel can take over.
Mick