Old 05-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Xi Shen

Default php-cgi must be run as root?

Hi,

My system is Gentoo 64bit, up to date. I want to use Nginx+FastCgi+PHP
to build my web site. But I found if I start the php-cgi, through the
spawn-fcgi tool, as nginx:nginx, I got "No input file specified."
message on in my browser. If I spawn the process as root:root,
everything works fine. The access permission to
/usr/lib64/php5.3/bin/php-cgi is 755, so I think everyone can execute
it. Then, what is the problem?

--
Best Regards,
Xi Shen (David)

http://twitter.com/davidshen84/

Old 05-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Andrea Conti

> The access permission to
> /usr/lib64/php5.3/bin/php-cgi is 755, so I think everyone can execute
> it. Then, what is the problem?

Most probably, the nginx user cannot access the .php file you're trying
to execute, either because of its permissions or because it cannot
traverse one of its parent directories.

andrea

Old 05-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Kfir Lavi

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Andrea Conti <alyf@alyf.net> wrote:

> The access permission to

> /usr/lib64/php5.3/bin/php-cgi is 755, so I think everyone can execute

> it. Then, what is the problem?

Most probably, the nginx user cannot access the .php file you're trying

to execute, either because of its permissions or because it cannot

traverse one of its parent directories.

andrea

So in short you need to use
chmod -R...