Old 05-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Dale

Default checking whether the C compiler works... no Oooops !!

Dale wrote:

I already have --keep-going in make.conf. Good thought tho. Thing
is, it errors before it even starts. Complains about blockers and the
packages aren't even installed to block anything. Mostly KDE stuff too.

I'm running the script and will see what it does. Maybe it will fix
it since this is its purpose. <Dale crosses fingers> If that doesn't
work, I may go back to a bare system and try to start from there. I
can then emerge -k and see how long that takes.

Dale

:-) :-)

Here is a update. I been going back and forth with python-updater and
revdep-rebuild and it just never seems to finish cleanly. I think it
reached a stalemate. So, I'm doing a emerge -e world which will also
upgrade KDE.

Maybe this will get it going again.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 05-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Dale

Dale wrote:

Here is a update. I been going back and forth with python-updater and
revdep-rebuild and it just never seems to finish cleanly. I think it
reached a stalemate. So, I'm doing a emerge -e world which will also
upgrade KDE.

Maybe this will get it going again.

Dale

:-) :-)

Last update. After doing a emerge -e world, everything comes up clean.
Python-updater and revdep-rebuild is now happy. So, next time I don't
update a rig for a while, I'm just going to emerge everything and be
done with it. May use that nifty little script next time tho. It seems
to do a better job for this sort of thing.

Thanks to all.

Dale

:-) :-)