Old 02-10-2008, 01:47 AM
Joseph

Default phpmyadmin opening "index.php" with text editor

After last Friday upgrade, I cannot log-in to mysql using phpmyadmin.
When I try to open /localhost/phpmyadmin/index.php apache tries to open it with a text editor.

The only package that I emerged last Friday that could effect phpmyadmin is:
package dev-lang/php-5.2.5_p20080206
and one of the files that changed is apache2/modules/70_mod_php5.conf
"AddDirectoryIndex index.php index.phtml"
to:
"DirectoryIndex index.php index.phtml"

I created simple file: 1.php in my home directory and when I try to open it with:
Code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

and when try to open it with Firefox it tries to open the file with standard text editor.

Though my main domain, running on the same server displays "index.php" just fine.
How to fix it? I re-emerged phpmyadmin; it doesn't help.

Do I need to re-compile phpmyadmin with "vhost"? and setup phpmyadmin as virtualdomain?

--
#Joseph

Old 02-10-2008, 02:41 AM
Dan Farrell

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 19:47:48 -0700
Joseph <syscon@interbaun.com> wrote:

> Do I need to re-compile phpmyadmin with "vhost"? and setup phpmyadmin
> as virtualdomain?

I recommend that you do, to avoid htdocs 'bloat'.

however that's unlikely to solve your problem. It sounds like,
perhaps, apache is missing PHP support and therefore doesn't know
what to do with the file.

I'd look to /etc/conf.d/apache2 if I were you, and see if you need to
add -DPHP5 to APACHE2_OPTS. My APACHE2_OPTS looks like this:

Old 02-10-2008, 03:21 AM
Joseph

Do I need to re-compile phpmyadmin with "vhost"? and setup phpmyadmin
as virtualdomain?

I recommend that you do, to avoid htdocs 'bloat'.

however that's unlikely to solve your problem. It sounds like,
perhaps, apache is missing PHP support and therefore doesn't know
what to do with the file.

I'd look to /etc/conf.d/apache2 if I were you, and see if you need to
add -DPHP5 to APACHE2_OPTS. My APACHE2_OPTS looks like this:

| APACHE2_OPTS="-D DEFAULT_VHOST -D INFO -D LANGUAGE -D SUEXEC -DPHP5
| -DUSERDIR"

No, I have php compile into the Apache and support is enabled:
APACHE2_OPTS="-D DEFAULT_VHOST -D INFO -D LANGUAGE -D SSL -D SSL_DEFAULT_VHOST -D SUEXEC -D PHP5"

Besides, I have virtual-domain on the same server and php is working without any problems.
only when I try to run file "index" from:
/localhost/phpmyadmin/index.php

the strange part is that if I try to run any *.php script from dir "scripts" they are loading just fine, eg:
/localhost/phpmyadmin/scripts/setup.php

That latest upgrade screw someting up, I update these programs:
package x11-base/xorg-server-1.3.0.0-r5
package dev-lang/php-5.2.5_p20080206
package sys-apps/slocate-3.1-r1
package dev-libs/glib-2.14.6
ackage sys-process/psmisc-22.6
package dev-python/pycairo-1.4.0
package dev-python/pycairo-1.4.12
package sys-apps/man-1.6f
package sys-apps/file-4.21-r1
package sys-apps/file-4.23
package sys-libs/cracklib-2.8.12
package dev-libs/libxml2-2.6.30-r1
package sys-libs/readline-5.2_p12-r1
package sys-apps/less-418
package sys-apps/pciutils-2.2.9
package dev-libs/libpcre-7.6
ackage media-libs/tiff-3.8.2-r3
package sys-libs/timezone-data-2007k

Both my backup server and my main server acting the same way, /localhost/phpmyadmin/index.php tries to open with a
text editor.

My third backup server, which i did not updated yet, is loading "phpmyadmin/index.php" and database just fine.

--
#Joseph
GPG KeyID: ED0E1FB7