Old 02-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Etaoin Shrdlu

Default qdbusxml2cpp

On Saturday 9 February 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:

> How do I make Qt install "qdbusxml2cpp"?

The name suggests something dbus- or xml- related. Have you tried to
install qt-dbus or qt-xmlpatterns?

(this is just a wild guess, of course)

Old 02-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Uwe Thiem

On Saturday 09 February 2008, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
> On Saturday 9 February 2008, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
> > On Saturday 9 February 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> > > How do I make Qt install "qdbusxml2cpp"?
> >
> > The name suggests something dbus- or xml- related. Have you tried
> > to install qt-dbus or qt-xmlpatterns?
> >
> > (this is just a wild guess, of course)
>
> According to http://www.portagefilelist.de, it's actually qt-dbus
> that provides qdbusxml2cpp.

Hm... That's for qt-4.4. For KDE4 development, I need qt-4.3.

Uwe

--
Informal Linux Group Namibia:
http://www.linux.org.na/

Old 02-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Etaoin Shrdlu

Old 02-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Etaoin Shrdlu

On Saturday 9 February 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:

> > According to http://www.portagefilelist.de, it's actually qt-dbus
> > that provides qdbusxml2cpp.
>
> Hm... That's for qt-4.4. For KDE4 development, I need qt-4.3.

Another search on the same site lists qdbusxml2cpp provided by qt itself
for qt versions prior 4.4. And looking at the ebuilds, for qt versions
prior to 4.4, the -qdbus option (which I suppose provides the program)
is enabled if the dbus USE flag is set. Bug #147399 is about this
problem, but it seems it's fixed now.
I'm sorry I can't help you further about this :-(

Old 02-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Etaoin Shrdlu

On Saturday 9 February 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:

> I am trying to port a KDE3 application to KDE4. Cmake gives me this
> error:
>
> CMake Error: Qt4 qdbusxml2cpp was not found. Make sure it has been
> built and installed by Qt
>
> And indeed:
> uwe@uwix /usr/bin $ ls -d qt*
> qt2text qt3to4 qtbz2 qtconfig qtdechunk qtdemo qtdump qtinfo
> qtrechunk qtstreamize qttoy4m qtyuv4toyuv

It's surely not your problem here, but a "ls -d qt*" won't list a file
named "qdbusxml2cpp".

Old 02-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Uwe Thiem

On Saturday 09 February 2008, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
> On Saturday 9 February 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> > I am trying to port a KDE3 application to KDE4. Cmake gives me
> > this error:
> >
> > CMake Error: Qt4 qdbusxml2cpp was not found. Make sure it has
> > been built and installed by Qt
> >
> > And indeed:
> > uwe@uwix /usr/bin $ ls -d qt*
> > qt2text qt3to4 qtbz2 qtconfig qtdechunk qtdemo qtdump
> > qtinfo qtrechunk qtstreamize qttoy4m qtyuv4toyuv
>
> It's surely not your problem here, but a "ls -d qt*" won't list a
> file named "qdbusxml2cpp".

Oops. You're right, of course. It is actually there. So why is cmake
complaining and refusing to generate Makefiles? Weird.

Uwe

Old 02-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Uwe Thiem

On Saturday 09 February 2008, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
> On Saturday 9 February 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> > I am trying to port a KDE3 application to KDE4. Cmake gives me
> > this error:
> >
> > CMake Error: Qt4 qdbusxml2cpp was not found. Make sure it has
> > been built and installed by Qt
> >
> > And indeed:
> > uwe@uwix /usr/bin $ ls -d qt*
> > qt2text qt3to4 qtbz2 qtconfig qtdechunk qtdemo qtdump
> > qtinfo qtrechunk qtstreamize qttoy4m qtyuv4toyuv
>
> It's surely not your problem here, but a "ls -d qt*" won't list a
> file named "qdbusxml2cpp".

Alright, it's all my fault. Instead of using "include( FindQt4)" in my
toplevel CMakeLists.txt, I should have used "find_package(Qt4
REQUIRED)". Cmake likes me now. ;-)

It's just that I am new to cmake.

Uwe