Old 02-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Erik

Default Gentoo "Install CD" 2008.Feb.08. minimal i686

Pongracz Istvan skrev:
> Before somebody starts a new email-war, I want to tell you, I know, this
> kind of "nearly-official" live install CD is not really necessary to
> install a new gentoo system.
It is necessary for us using less common keyboard layouts. The official
Gentoo CD I used to install over 3 years ago included support for
Swedish keyboard layout. Knoppix left that out to have space for some
cruft, so Knoppix is really just for users with the more common layouts
(English, German, Russian and a few more). I do not think that this
problem was mentioned in the recent email-war.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Pongracz Istvan

2008. 02. 8, péntek keltezéssel 21.35-kor Erik ezt írta:
> Pongracz Istvan skrev:
> > Before somebody starts a new email-war, I want to tell you, I know, this
> > kind of "nearly-official" live install CD is not really necessary to
> > install a new gentoo system.
> It is necessary for us using less common keyboard layouts. The official
> Gentoo CD I used to install over 3 years ago included support for
> Swedish keyboard layout. Knoppix left that out to have space for some
> cruft, so Knoppix is really just for users with the more common layouts
> (English, German, Russian and a few more). I do not think that this
> problem was mentioned in the recent email-war.

Hi, thank you for your mail, this is great!
Here are 42 layouts.

Anyway, I had problems to compile some packages (rtppoe or similar and
some others). I left them out.
Sorry about that.

István

--
BSA. Mert megérdemlitek.
Open Source. Mert megérdemlem.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Hal Martin

Any chance there will be an x86_64 CD?

-Hal

Old 02-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Pongracz Istvan

2008. 02. 8, péntek keltezéssel 16.09-kor Hal Martin ezt írta:
> Any chance there will be an x86_64 CD?
>
> -Hal

Sorry, I have only 32 bit systems.
My capacity is not enough to do this (except if I start using qemu to do
this).
I have no idea (yet), how to cross-compile a complete stage.
Maybe later (months, years, I do not know).

The livecd + its digest + portage snapshot is ready to download.
The stage3 is still under construction (22 packages left + upload time -
probably tomorrow morning).

Cheers,
István

Old 02-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Iain Buchanan

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 21:22 +0100, Pongracz Istvan wrote:
> Ladies and Gentleman,
[snip]
> Please, do not kill my server with overload
> If somebody has a mirror, drop me a private mail.

how about a torrent? Then everyone's a mirror

Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth.
-- Picasso

Old 02-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Pongracz Istvan

2008. 02. 9, szombat keltezéssel 22.01-kor Iain Buchanan ezt írta:
> On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 21:22 +0100, Pongracz Istvan wrote:
> > Ladies and Gentleman,
> [snip]
> > Please, do not kill my server with overload
> > If somebody has a mirror, drop me a private mail.
>
> how about a torrent? Then everyone's a mirror

Thank you, yes, this is the next plan With few seeder it will be a
good distribution basis.

I will make it later.

IStván

Old 02-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Iain Buchanan

On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 19:21 +0100, Pongracz Istvan wrote:
> 2008. 02. 9, szombat keltezéssel 22.01-kor Iain Buchanan ezt írta:
> > On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 21:22 +0100, Pongracz Istvan wrote:
> > > Ladies and Gentleman,
> > [snip]
> > > Please, do not kill my server with overload
> > > If somebody has a mirror, drop me a private mail.
> >
> > how about a torrent? Then everyone's a mirror
>

> Thank you, yes, this is the next plan With few seeder it will be a
> good distribution basis.
>
> I will make it later.

let me know when, and I'll seed it for you I only have 256k up but
it's a start!

You know you're using the computer too much when:
you move everything into 19" and flight cases
-- kahler

Old 02-11-2008, 02:08 AM
Hal Martin

Can I have a copy of the torrent? I have ~3Mbit up.

-Hal

Old 02-11-2008, 06:22 AM
Pongracz Istvan

Hi,

Sure, thank you for you both (Iain and Hal).
I prepare a torrent file and I will send it to you.
I plan to bundle the livecd + portage snapshot + stage3.
Any pro/contra?

First, I have to learn using a tracker

István

Old 02-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Pongracz Istvan

Hi,

Torrent file available here:
http://www.torrentbox.com/torrent_details?id=174031
http://isohunt.com/release/116718/gentoo?poster=&cat=-1

They are the same, but isohunt is only a search engine, while the
torrentbox is the tracker.

Please help to seed if you can.

Thank you,

István

Magyarszkiul: van torrent, ha tudsz, segíts a seed-ben, köszönöm!