Old 02-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Pongracz Istvan

Default Gentoo "Install CD" 2008.Feb.08. minimal i686

Ladies and Gentleman,

Finally I succeed to build a minimal install CD using catalyst.
Unfortunately some bugs of the genkernel package caused some white hair
for me, but the trunk version seems working
(Thank you developers and bug reporters for the patches.)

Before somebody starts a new email-war, I want to tell you, I know, this
kind of "nearly-official" live install CD is not really necessary to
install a new gentoo system.

Just read back some emails in the last few weeks.

Anyway, now I am uploading to my server (slow uplink, sorry

Details of my "release":
- i686 (mtune)
3 packages:
- the minimal install CD (~55MB)
- portage snapshot 08/02/2008 (~30MB)
- stage3 (probably 110MB, I start to build now)

Anyway, the genkernel ebuild in the portage tree has bad digest, because
I made a new for the trunk version. Simply make an emerge --sync to be
sure about the valid packages.

These will be available in my website (I need some hours):
http://www.osbusiness.hu/?lang=en&page_name=gentoolinux

Please, do not kill my server with overload
If somebody has a mirror, drop me a private mail.

If you find a bug or you have feature request or you simply want to
donate my work drop me a PM.

Cheers,
István

--