Old 11-25-2007, 11:03 PM

Default motherboard/chipset drivers

I am trying to compile a custom, static, & minimal, kernel ( please
accept this for the sake of this email; dont flame me with how it is
no longer necessary due to the modular nature of the kernel ) for my
gentoo install. I am working with the 5000psl intel server board with
the 5000p chipset
(http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/5000p/index.htm). I have the
following questions:

1) Where can I find the linux kernel HCL ( hardware compatilbility list )?
2) When I run make menuconfig, where do I go to choose the chipset I am using?

I'd appreciate the help.

SK

Old 11-25-2007, 11:22 PM
"Andrey Falko"