Old 02-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Steve

Default Horribly off-topic linux distro question...

In the context of online banking, where Windows of some flavour is the
desktop OS, I see a substantial risk arising through spyware and/or
viruses. I suspect that a neat way to mitigate this would be to run an
OS from a CD which offers nothing more fancy than a basic web-browser.

Is there anything like this already available?

Old 02-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Michael Schmarck

Steve <Gentoo_sjh@shic.co.uk> wrote:

> In the context of online banking, where Windows of some flavour is the
> desktop OS, I see a substantial risk arising through spyware and/or
> viruses. I suspect that a neat way to mitigate this would be to run an
> OS from a CD which offers nothing more fancy than a basic web-browser.
>
> Is there anything like this already available?

DSL should come fairly close.

Michael