Old 02-26-2011, 02:14 PM
luis jure

Default automounting usb drives

on 2011-02-26 at 15:47 Marc Joliet wrote:

>According to the README file [0], udiskie uses consolekit to obtain
>necessary permissions. That means that you need to emerge xfce4-session
>with the use flags +consolekit.

i recompiled xfce4-session with +consolekit, but the situation remains
unchanged.

>If it is not already the case, you will need to add consolekit to the
>default runlevel.

ditto. :-(

Old 02-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Christoph Brendes

Hi, for me it works (xfce 4.8 with udev and udisk)

please check if you

- enable the volume manager (thunar preferences: "Advanced" tab)
- you are in the plugdev group

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 11:30:45 -0200
luis jure <ljc@internet.com.uy> wrote:

> >It seems that for Xfce you want the Thunar Volume Manager plugin
>
> i had already installed this plugin, but it doesn't seem to do much:
> an icon for the device appears on the side panel, but no
> corresponding mount point is created under /media. when i click on
> the icon a "Not Authorized" message appears.

Regards,
Christoph

Old 02-26-2011, 02:27 PM
luis jure

on 2011-02-26 at 16:17 Christoph Brendes wrote:

>Hi, for me it works (xfce 4.8 with udev and udisk)
>
>please check if you
>
>- enable the volume manager (thunar preferences: "Advanced" tab)
>- you are in the plugdev group

yes to both... :-(

Old 02-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Nikos Chantziaras