Old 02-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Mick

Default Gentoo-Wiki down too

I haven't been able to connect to it at all today. I remember reading that
the server had been cracked a couple of months ago and have been wondering if
we have a repeat performance here. I also have not been able to connect to
http://www.gentoo-portage.com/ . . .

As an aside, a number of gentoo servers seem to have attracted unwanted
attention in the recent months and were compromised. This could be a case of
weak passwds, clever crackers, etc. or it could even be some inherent
weakness of Gentoo on a production server. Shall I be getting nervous about
all this?
Mick