-   -   audio and an easycap frame grabber (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/488675-audio-easycap-frame-grabber.html)

William Kenworthy 02-13-2011 10:56 AM

audio and an easycap frame grabber

I have an easycap usb framegragger/capture device I am trying to get to
work on a laptop.

Video is fine (looks excellent in fact :) in xawtv but I dont have
audio. The laptop is using pulse audio (gnome desktop) because some
app I needed wanted it - not sure what now ! I can see the audio moving
the level bars in the pulse input controller tab (and it stops when I
disconnect the cable) but nothing gets to the laptop speaker. As well,
xawtv doesnt show as playing audio in the output application tab.

Only difference I have found so far is that /proc/asound/card1/pcm0c
doesnt exist - so what creates it?

BillK

--
William Kenworthy <billk@iinet.net.au>