Old 02-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Neil Bothwick

Default Manifest question

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 16:48:14 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:

> Verifying ebuild Manifests...
>
> !!! A file listed in the Manifest could not be found:
> /usr/portage/sys-apps/busybox/busybox-1.4.1-r2.ebuild

Wait a couple of hours and sync again. If it still happens, file a bug
report.

--
Neil Bothwick

Why is the word abbreviation so long?

Old 02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Wednesday 06 February 2008, James wrote:
> Hello
>
> I just 'emerge --sync' as system, then proceeded to start a normal
> update.
>
> I get this error:
>
> Verifying ebuild Manifests...
>
> !!! A file listed in the Manifest could not be found:
> /usr/portage/sys-apps/busybox/busybox-1.4.1-r2.ebuild

It's a bug. The Manifest lists files that are no longer there. You can
ignore it as the referenced file doesn't exist anymore so can't be
emerged.

Or you could report a bug at b.g.o., but make sure it isn't there
already so you create a dupe or you will suffer the wrath of jakub

Or you could
run 'ebuild /usr/portage/sys-apps/busybox/busybox-<valid-version>
manifest' to regenerate a Manifest yourself.

Or you could just wait till the next sync when the busybox dev fixes it

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 02-06-2008, 06:28 PM
James

Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Or you could
> run 'ebuild /usr/portage/sys-apps/busybox/busybox-<valid-version>
> manifest' to regenerate a Manifest yourself.

Well I googled and tried this:

ebuild busybox.ebuild digest

to no avail

Now I tried:

ebuild /usr/portage/sys-apps/busybox/busybox-1.7.4.ebuild manifest

and all updates are continuing....

Thanks Alan!

James

Old 02-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Wednesday 06 February 2008, James wrote:
> Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > Or you could
> > run 'ebuild /usr/portage/sys-apps/busybox/busybox-<valid-version>
> > manifest' to regenerate a Manifest yourself.
>
> Well I googled and tried this:
>
> ebuild busybox.ebuild digest
>
> to no avail
>
> Now I tried:
>
> ebuild /usr/portage/sys-apps/busybox/busybox-1.7.4.ebuild manifest
>

> and all updates are continuing....

Digests in the portage tree are an old obsolete feature that has just
recently finally been removed from the tree. Now gentoo uses a much
better Manifest scheme. 'ebuild <ebuild-name> digest has done nothing
for quite some time now (at least a full year maybe?), and the manifest
option is the one that works.

There's interesting information about this on the font page of
gentoo.org right now

Old 02-07-2008, 12:18 AM
"Steve Buzonas"

Digests in the portage tree are an old obsolete feature that has just

recently finally been removed from the tree. Now gentoo uses a much
better Manifest scheme. 'ebuild <ebuild-name> digest has done nothing
for quite some time now (at least a full year maybe?), and the manifest

option is the one that works.

There's interesting information about this on the font page of
gentoo.org right now

--
Alan McKinnon

alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

I didn't realize that.* I just used digest for my local overlay yesterday.* Does it still allow it, or do I have an outdated version of portage?

Steve Buzonas Jr.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Thursday 07 February 2008, Steve Buzonas wrote:
> > Digests in the portage tree are an old obsolete feature that has
> > just recently finally been removed from the tree. Now gentoo uses a
> > much better Manifest scheme. 'ebuild <ebuild-name> digest has done
> > nothing for quite some time now (at least a full year maybe?), and
> > the manifest option is the one that works.
> >
> > There's interesting information about this on the font page of
> > gentoo.org right now
> >
> > --
> > Alan McKinnon
> > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
> > --
>
> I didn't realize that. I just used digest for my local overlay
> yesterday. Does it still allow it, or do I have an outdated version
> of portage?

I've found that for over a year now, digest has actually been creating
the Manifest files as well. Things get a bit hazy for me here, but
reading between the lines I believe that portage-2.1.* has always
supported the new and old formats

Old 02-07-2008, 01:18 PM
"Benedikt Morbach"

On Feb 7, 2008 2:18 AM, Steve Buzonas <steve.buzonas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just used digest for my local overlay yesterday.
> Does it still allow it, or do I have an outdated version of portage?
>
> Steve Buzonas Jr.

Just do
touch ${PORTDIR_OVERLAY}/manifest1_obsolete
after that, ebuild digest and ebuild manifest will both only create a
Manifest file.