Old 02-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Arnau Bria

Default net-wireless/zd1211

Hi,

I'm trying to comoile zd1211 and it always complain about
CONFIG_NET_RADIO:
* Checking for suitable kernel configuration options...
* zd1211-85 requires support for Wireless LAN drivers (non-hamradio) & Wireless Extensions (CONFIG_NET_RADIO).
* Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.

linux # grep NET_RADIO .config
linux #

I don't know where is this option...
I have:
Device Drivers->
Netwrok-device-support->
Wireless-LAN ->

But I do not find the "non-hamradio" option and the CONFIG_NET_RADIO.
I also tried to look for that option using "/" in menuconfig but
nothing appears...

My kernel:
# uname -a
Linux pataki 2.6.23-gentoo-r5 #4 PREEMPT Fri Feb 1 16:50:40 CET 2008 i686 Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Could someone explain me how to enable those options?

TIA,
Arnau

Old 02-07-2008, 12:37 AM
"Steve Buzonas"

I'm trying to comoile zd1211 and it always complain about
CONFIG_NET_RADIO:
** Checking for suitable kernel configuration options...
** * zd1211-85 requires support for Wireless LAN drivers (non-hamradio) & Wireless Extensions (CONFIG_NET_RADIO).

** Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.

Hello, reading more about the driver it says that that driver is no longer maintained and it recommends zd1211rw which is included in the kernel.* You should be able to find the driver in your kernel configuration by going to 'Device Drivers > Network Device Support > Wireless LAN > ZyDAS ZD1211/ZD1211B USB-wireless support '.

Hope it helps.

Steve Buzonas Jr.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Arnau Bria

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 20:37:56 -0500
Steve Buzonas wrote:

Hi!

> Hello, reading more about the driver it says that that driver is no
> longer maintained and it recommends zd1211rw which is included in the
> kernel. You should be able to find the driver in your kernel
> configuration by going to 'Device Drivers > Network Device Support >
> Wireless LAN > ZyDAS ZD1211/ZD1211B USB-wireless support '.

I forgot to mention that I already found:

USB ZD1201 based Wireless device support (NEW)

but notice it's ZD1201, not zd1211.

This is a 2.6.22 (at work). gonna download newest kernel and try again.

> Hope it helps.
>
> Steve Buzonas Jr.
Thanks for your help Steve!
Cheers,

--
Arnau Bria
http://blog.emergetux.net

Old 02-08-2008, 05:10 AM
"Steve Buzonas"

On Feb 7, 2008 3:19 AM, Arnau Bria <arnau@emergetux.net> wrote:

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 20:37:56 -0500
Steve Buzonas wrote:

Hi!

> Hello, reading more about the driver it says that that driver is no
> longer maintained and it recommends zd1211rw which is included in the

> kernel. *You should be able to find the driver in your kernel
> configuration by going to 'Device Drivers > Network Device Support >
> Wireless LAN > ZyDAS ZD1211/ZD1211B USB-wireless support '.

I forgot to mention that I already found:

USB ZD1201 based Wireless device support (NEW)

but notice it's ZD1201, not zd1211.

This is a 2.6.22 (at work). gonna download newest kernel and try again.

> Hope it helps.
>
> Steve Buzonas Jr.
Thanks for your help Steve!
Cheers,