Old 02-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Tami King

Default kmail not working after KDE 4.6 upgrade

After compiling KDE 4.6, kmail isn't accessing my email accounts.* I get errors
like this:

Error while checking account gmail for new mail:
The process for the imaps://imap.gmail.com protocol died unexpectedly.

For all of my IMAP and POP accounts.* My .xsessions files contains:

kioslave: ####### CRASH ###### protocol = pop3s pid = 25338 signal = 11
kioslave: ####### CRASH ###### protocol = imaps pid = 25342 signal = 11

I recompiled all of the packages in kdepim-meta and anything I could find
that seemed to reference kio, but that made no difference.

I can shut off SSL on one of the POP accounts and it fetched email as

expected.* That really isn't an long term option, though, and several of
the accounts only have SSL access.* I hope that this is just an issue with
something that needs to be recompiled, but I am not sure that to recompile

at this point.* revdep-rebuild doesn't turn up anything.* Any ideas?

--
Tami King

Old 02-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Joost Roeleveld

On Monday 07 February 2011 09:34:26 Tami King wrote:
> After compiling KDE 4.6, kmail isn't accessing my email accounts. I get
> errors
> like this:
>
> Error while checking account gmail for new mail:
> The process for the imaps://imap.gmail.com protocol died unexpectedly.
>
> For all of my IMAP and POP accounts. My .xsessions files contains:
>
> kioslave: ####### CRASH ###### protocol = pop3s pid = 25338 signal = 11
> kioslave: ####### CRASH ###### protocol = imaps pid = 25342 signal = 11
>
> I recompiled all of the packages in kdepim-meta and anything I could find
> that seemed to reference kio, but that made no difference.
>
> I can shut off SSL on one of the POP accounts and it fetched email as
> expected. That really isn't an long term option, though, and several of
> the accounts only have SSL access. I hope that this is just an issue with
> something that needs to be recompiled, but I am not sure that to recompile
> at this point. revdep-rebuild doesn't turn up anything. Any ideas?

Which Kmail version are you using?
Eg. did you install the "KDE4.6" one? Or the Kde4.4 one?

I am using the KDE4.6 one (Kmail version = 2.0.89 in Help->About) and GMail
accounts do work.
However, these are accessed through Akonadi and for that, akonadi needs to be
running.

With the KDE4.4-kmail, I had similar errors on occasion

If the kioslaves are failing, you could try rebuilding those:
"kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves"
And after that, rebuild kmail

--
Joost