Old 02-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Ale

Default QT: How to Networkmanager init looks like other servcies?

HI! well that is is there any way yo tweak this startup script so they can look just the same as the other services?
I want a single line with OK or something similar, just like the other services, not many lines in the console.

Any help is much appreciated. Cheers!

Old 02-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Ale

Sorry, the packages is NetworkManager, the same name have the services. When i start this service in a terminal, look nice, and don't log anything extra just a simple line with the OK at the end, this don t happen when i add Network manager into the init process, thsi service log extra info which make the startup log looks ugly.

I will give it a try, thanks.

2008/2/6, Iain Buchanan <iaindb@netspace.net.au>:

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 10:33 -0200, Ale wrote:
> HI! well that is is there any way yo tweak this startup script so they
> can look just the same as the other services?
> I want a single line with OK or something similar, just like the other

> services, not many lines in the console.

for a start, what package is it from?**I don't have it.

Secondly, you could find all the offending commands and add

>/dev/null >2&1

to the end of them.

> Any help is much appreciated. Cheers!

HTH,

If God had intended Man to Watch TV, He would have given him Rabbit Ears.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:18:08 -0300, Ale wrote:

> Sorry, the packages is NetworkManager, the same name have the services.
> When i start this service in a terminal, look nice, and don't log
> anything extra just a simple line with the OK at the end, this don t
> happen when i add Network manager into the init process, thsi service
> log extra info which make the startup log looks ugly.

Have you set RC_VERBOSE="yes" in /etc/conf.d/rc?

Please don't top post.

--
Neil Bothwick