Old 02-06-2011, 10:32 AM

Default Festival/Speechd/MBrola: Setting new voice?

Hi,

I am currently playing around with speech synthesis and installed
mbrola, speechd and festival.

It works so far: I am getting the default english voice, which tells
me what time it is.

Then I was trying to follow some docs from the internet to
install/activate different voices...no go.

Even the simplest case -- the uncommenting of a prepared line --
in the /etc/festival/siteinit.scm from

;; If you want a voice different from the system installed default
;; uncomment the following line and change the name to the voice you
;; want

;; (set! voice_default 'voice_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts)

;; If you want a voice different from the system installed default
;; uncomment the following line and change the name to the voice you
;; want

(set! voice_default 'voice_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts)

leads to an error message:

SIOD ERROR: unbound variable : cmu_us_slt_arctic_hts

Voive not installed?

/usr/share/festival/voices/us/cmu_us_slt_arctic_hts

No...it is there...

Unfortunately I am no lisp-man...

I restarted festival/speechd ... no success ... same error.

May be I miss some very fundamental thing here...but...

What do I have to do, to get this beast talking to me ?

Best regards,
mcc