Old 02-03-2011, 04:08 AM
Alan McKinnon

Default openoffice and IDL

Apparently, though unproven, at 06:14 on Thursday 03 February 2011, Dale did
opine thusly:

> Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> > I am having problems building openoffice - it gets to the IDL files
> > (actual file it hangs on can vary) and seems to crash part of X and the
> > build hangs.
> >
> > Anyone seen this before? - it is happening on only one of my systems and
> > I google isnt showing me any similar situations.
> >
> > BillK
>
> Since that is a huge package to build, you got enough memory? How about
> drive space on portages work directory? May want to check with top and
> df to see if one of those is causing problems.

Also try build with j=-1

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 02-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Bill Kenworthy

On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 07:08 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> Apparently, though unproven, at 06:14 on Thursday 03 February 2011, Dale did
> opine thusly:
>
> > Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> > > I am having problems building openoffice - it gets to the IDL files
> > > (actual file it hangs on can vary) and seems to crash part of X and the
> > > build hangs.
> > >
> > > Anyone seen this before? - it is happening on only one of my systems and
> > > I google isnt showing me any similar situations.
> > >
> > > BillK
> >
> > Since that is a huge package to build, you got enough memory? How about
> > drive space on portages work directory? May want to check with top and
> > df to see if one of those is causing problems.
>
> Also try build with j=-1

Done that, plus ~210 gigabytes spare, tried no ccache, blank cflags etc
etc, and its built successfully many times on this machine - up until a
month or so ago.

However, I'm running python-updater as Ive discovered a few other things
are not working, so its probably some obscure part of the build
chain/supporting apps is broken.

Billk