--depclean complains that a package is not installed but it is installed.
On 02/02/2011 09:23 AM, Dale wrote:
I run --depclean every once and a while to see if anything is not needed
anymore. Sort of do a little house cleaning. When I run it, it gives me
Calculating dependencies... done!
* Dependencies could not be completely resolved due to
* the following required packages not being installed:
* media-sound/phonon[-aqua] pulled in by:
* Have you forgotten to run `emerge --update --newuse --deep @world` prior
* to depclean? It may be necessary to manually uninstall packages that
* exist in the portage tree since it may not be possible to satisfy their
* dependencies. Also, be aware of the --with-bdeps option that is
* in `man emerge`.
root@fireball / #
I ran this just before the above:
root@fireball / # emerge -uvDNa world --with-bdeps y
Not sure what's going on, but with weird errors it sometimes helped here
to unmerge the packages first and then running emerge world again. It's
as if portage needs to forget something first by unmerging it, and
re-emerging doesn't fix it.