Old 02-06-2008, 03:40 AM
Enrico Weigelt

Default Looking for Gnome-Panel mixer applet

Hi folks,

I'm looking for an small gnome-panel mixer applet (alsamixergui
is IMHO too inconvenient for just quick volume chaning ;-o)

Maybe somebody has an suggestion ?

thx

Old 02-06-2008, 05:01 AM
"AJ Spagnoletti"

On Feb 5, 2008 11:40 PM, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@metux.de> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>

> I'm looking for an small gnome-panel mixer applet (alsamixergui
> is IMHO too inconvenient for just quick volume chaning ;-o)
>
> Maybe somebody has an suggestion ?
>

> thx

Have you tried using the mixer provided by the gnome-applets package.
It is a simple speaker that you can click that allows you to adjust
the master volume with a simple slider.

AJ

Old 02-06-2008, 06:23 AM
Enrico Weigelt

* AJ Spagnoletti <rubiks120@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you tried using the mixer provided by the gnome-applets package.
> It is a simple speaker that you can click that allows you to adjust
> the master volume with a simple slider.

Took a hell long time for building ... the dependencies are insane ;-o
When I tried to start it, terminated immediately, nothing more
happened. Ergo: unusable

cu

Old 02-06-2008, 06:29 AM
William Kenworthy

Then find out why its not working - works perfectly on all the desktop
systems I have. This is probably a sign that you have some deeper
problems - tried revdep-rebuild recently? Its also sometimes necessary
to rebuild gnome-panel at the same time as gnome-applets - its usually
the batter-stat applet segfaulting that this fixes for me.

BillK