Old 01-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Alan Warren

Default thubdrive mounts with strange char's in it's name

Hello,

My thumbdrive has been mounting fine, but recently it started mounting
with strange characters in it's name.

I'm using pcmanfm inside of awesome wm. I have the latest stable
xorg-server compiled with udev. My thumbdrive mounts as /media/

I can't copy+paste the symbols (although I tried, but mutt/vim doesn't
show them). It's difficult to explain, but it looks like the characters
000E inside of a 1 pixel stroke square box. inside the terminal it
appears as a question mark. ie. /media/?

I've tried to write a udev rule to combat this, but to no avail. These
are the rules I've tried. The drive is /dev/sdf1, and it's
product is "Cruzer Titanium+"

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", KERNEL=="sd?1", NAME="usb/flashdisk", SYMLINK="usb%k"

I've also tried this.
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", KERNEL=="sd[a-z]1", ATTRS{product}=="Cruzer Titanium+",
NAME="usb/flashdisk", SYMLINK="%k"

I found it very difficult to research the proper syntax for udev. A lot
of the examples on the net are outdated.

Any advice or pointers would be most appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Alan