Old 02-05-2008, 11:20 PM
"Elyahou ITTAH"

Default How to don't autoload a module

What i can do so that the kernel module iwl3945 don't be autoload at the boot ?

He is not on module.autoload.d/kernel ...

I have many modules (Alsa,nvidia,uvcvideo) which are loaded automaticaly but i don't know why...

I am interested to remove this autoload only for iwl3945

thx

Old 02-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Dale

Elyahou ITTAH wrote:
> What i can do so that the kernel module iwl3945 don't be autoload at
> the boot ?
>
> He is not on module.autoload.d/kernel ...
>
> I have many modules (Alsa,nvidia,uvcvideo) which are loaded
> automaticaly but i don't know why...
>
> I am interested to remove this autoload only for iwl3945
>
> thx

I don't use many modules myself but I have read that udev can autoload
modules. May want to check that while waiting on a guru to come along.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 02-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Dan Dexter

On Tuesday 05 February 2008 06:20:25 pm Elyahou ITTAH wrote:
> What i can do so that the kernel module iwl3945 don't be autoload at the
> boot ?
>
> He is not on module.autoload.d/kernel ...
>
> I have many modules (Alsa,nvidia,uvcvideo) which are loaded automaticaly
> but i don't know why...
>
> I am interested to remove this autoload only for iwl3945
>
> thx

As root:
echo "blacklist iwl3945" >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_prevent_udev_from_loading_certain_modules
For additional info

Old 02-06-2008, 07:33 AM
"Magnus"

Hi!

> What i can do so that the kernel module iwl3945 don't be autoload at the
> boot ?

But this line in:
/etc/hotplug/blacklist.d/anyname:
#don't load this module automaticly
blacklist iwl3945

Best regards,
Magnus

Old 02-06-2008, 03:04 PM
"Elyahou ITTAH"

2008/2/6, Dan Dexter <wulfmahn@gmail.com>:
On Tuesday 05 February 2008 06:20:25 pm Elyahou ITTAH wrote:
> What i can do so that the kernel module iwl3945 don't be autoload at the
> boot ?
>
> He is not on module.autoload.d/kernel ...

> I have many modules (Alsa,nvidia,uvcvideo) which are loaded automaticaly
> but i don't know why...
>
> I am interested to remove this autoload only for iwl3945
>
> thx

As root:
echo "blacklist iwl3945" >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_prevent_udev_from_loading_certain_modules

For additional info

Thx