-   -   What needs x11-libs/libxkbui? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/481255-what-needs-x11-libs-libxkbui.html)

Mick 01-26-2011 05:51 AM

What needs x11-libs/libxkbui?

equery depends doesn't show anything ... so I followed emerge --depclean's
suggestion and unmerged it. Have I borked anything?

I'm asking this, because it also suggested I remove dev-libs/boost-1.41.0-r3
and dev-util/boost-build-1.41.0, but akonadi would not start without them
(dbus error).
Mick

Nils Andresen 01-26-2011 06:31 AM

What needs x11-libs/libxkbui?

Hi,

> equery depends doesn't show anything ... so I followed emerge --depclean's
> suggestion and unmerged it. *Have I borked anything?
Most probably not.
I generally trust --depclean, But I generally follow --depclean's
advice and run revdep-rebuild afterwards.

> I'm asking this, because it also suggested I remove dev-libs/boost-1.41.0-r3
> and dev-util/boost-build-1.41.0, but akonadi would not start without them
> (dbus error).
IMO, if akonadi depends on boost, the ebuild should reflect that. Have
you tried rebuilding akonadi?
(Did you ran revdep-rebuild?)

Nils

Blackdream W 01-26-2011 06:41 AM

What needs x11-libs/libxkbui?

If u try emerge -Ca* libxkbui && emerge -ca

what output u get?

if there is any package depend on it,just run emerge -DNua world to fix it.

--
Ben.Wong

Neil Bothwick 01-26-2011 07:51 AM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 06:51:10 +0000, Mick wrote:

> equery depends doesn't show anything ... so I followed emerge
> --depclean's suggestion and unmerged it. Have I borked anything?

equery depends is unrelaible, use

emerge --depclean -pv cat/pkg

--
Neil Bothwick

I am sitting on the toilet with your article before me. Soon it will be
behind me.