FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Nils Andresen
 
Default The new guy

Hi,
I'm Nils - "the new guy".
I have been using gentoo since 2005.0 (or something...) and linux (as
THE single os installed) since '98. Im above 30, a bit on the heavy side
but I can see my toes when I look down (and bend my head only
slightly...) I kind of stumbled across the mailing-lists recently...

Yours,
Nils
 
Old 01-20-2011, 03:44 PM
Paul Hartman
 
Default The new guy

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Nils Andresen <nils@nils-andresen.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm Nils - "the new guy".
> I have been using gentoo since 2005.0 (or something...) and linux (as
> THE single os installed) since '98. Im above 30, a bit on the heavy side
> but I can see my toes when I look down (and bend my head only
> slightly...) I kind of stumbled across the mailing-lists recently...

Welcome to the list. I have mostly the same story here, though there
was a period of years after DOS where I used OS/2 (with dualboot to
Slackware), eventually changing to purely Gentoo Linux in 2004-2005 or
so.

In my day job I have worked in a 100% Microsoft environment for 10+
years, with a mix of Novell Netware and Microsoft before that. I
haven't gone insane yet, but I think I'm showing subtle signs with
each passing day...

Paul
 
Old 01-21-2011, 01:46 AM
Neal Hogan
 
Default The new guy

Am I missing something that indicates the OP is serious?

On 1/20/11, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Nils Andresen <nils@nils-andresen.de>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm Nils - "the new guy".
>> I have been using gentoo since 2005.0 (or something...) and linux (as
>> THE single os installed) since '98. Im above 30, a bit on the heavy side
>> but I can see my toes when I look down (and bend my head only
>> slightly...) I kind of stumbled across the mailing-lists recently...
>
> Welcome to the list. I have mostly the same story here, though there
> was a period of years after DOS where I used OS/2 (with dualboot to
> Slackware), eventually changing to purely Gentoo Linux in 2004-2005 or
> so.
>
> In my day job I have worked in a 100% Microsoft environment for 10+
> years, with a mix of Novell Netware and Microsoft before that. I
> haven't gone insane yet, but I think I'm showing subtle signs with
> each passing day...
>
> Paul
>
>
 
Old 01-21-2011, 01:50 AM
Hazen Valliant-Saunders
 
Default The new guy

Welcome To the list;

Generally this is for usability / tech supprot for the gentoo community.

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Neal Hogan <nealhogan@gmail.com> wrote:

Am I missing something that indicates the OP is serious?



On 1/20/11, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Nils Andresen <nils@nils-andresen.de>

> wrote:

>> Hi,

>> I'm Nils - "the new guy".

>> I have been using gentoo since 2005.0 (or something...) and linux (as

>> THE single os installed) since '98. Im above 30, a bit on the heavy side

>> but I can see my toes when I look down (and bend my head only

>> slightly...) I kind of stumbled across the mailing-lists recently...

>

> Welcome to the list. I have mostly the same story here, though there

> was a period of years after DOS where I used OS/2 (with dualboot to

> Slackware), eventually changing to purely Gentoo Linux in 2004-2005 or

> so.

>

> In my day job I have worked in a 100% Microsoft environment for 10+

> years, with a mix of Novell Netware and Microsoft before that. I

> haven't gone insane yet, but I think I'm showing subtle signs with

> each passing day...

>

> Paul

>

>





--
Hazen Valliant-Saunders Adipl. CISSP ITIL MCSE MCP
IT/IS Consultant
(613) 355-5977
 
Old 01-21-2011, 01:57 AM
Thomas Yao
 
Default The new guy

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Nils Andresen <nils@nils-andresen.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm Nils - "the new guy".
> I have been using gentoo since 2005.0 (or something...) and linux (as
> THE single os installed) since '98. Im above 30, a bit on the heavy side
> but I can see my toes when I look down (and bend my head only
> slightly...) I kind of stumbled across the mailing-lists recently...
>
> Yours,
> Nils

Welcome

--
Twitter: @ghosTM55
Facebook.com/ghosThomas

Mechanism, not policy
 
Old 01-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Thanasis
 
Default The new guy

on 01/21/2011 04:46 AM Neal Hogan wrote the following:
> Am I missing something that indicates the OP is serious?
If you mean the OP is probably *not* serious, I agree ...
 
Old 01-21-2011, 06:40 AM
Nils Andresen
 
Default The new guy

Am 21.01.2011 08:19, schrieb Thanasis:
> on 01/21/2011 04:46 AM Neal Hogan wrote the following:
>> Am I missing something that indicates the OP is serious?
> If you mean the OP is probably *not* serious, I agree ...
>

Hmm. I only wanted to say "Hi" before my first "real" post.
I find it nice when someone introduces him/her on a list, forum,
whatever - for me that includes a word or two about oneself.
The describing-myself part was not-so-serious. All true, though.

So, if I offended someone by choosing a non-tech subject for my first
post I hereby apologize.

Yours,
Nils
 
Old 01-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Blackdream W
 
Default The new guy

Ease up,man,and welcome,Nils XD2011/1/21 Neal Hogan <nealhogan@gmail.com>



Am I missing something that indicates the OP is serious?



On 1/20/11, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Nils Andresen <nils@nils-andresen.de>

> wrote:

>> Hi,

>> I'm Nils - "the new guy".

>> I have been using gentoo since 2005.0 (or something...) and linux (as

>> THE single os installed) since '98. Im above 30, a bit on the heavy side

>> but I can see my toes when I look down (and bend my head only

>> slightly...) I kind of stumbled across the mailing-lists recently...

>

> Welcome to the list. I have mostly the same story here, though there

> was a period of years after DOS where I used OS/2 (with dualboot to

> Slackware), eventually changing to purely Gentoo Linux in 2004-2005 or

> so.

>

> In my day job I have worked in a 100% Microsoft environment for 10+

> years, with a mix of Novell Netware and Microsoft before that. I

> haven't gone insane yet, but I think I'm showing subtle signs with

> each passing day...

>

> Paul

>

>





--
Ben.Wong
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:14 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org