-   -   The new guy (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/478971-new-guy.html)

Nils Andresen 01-20-2011 02:18 PM

The new guy

Hi,
I'm Nils - "the new guy".
I have been using gentoo since 2005.0 (or something...) and linux (as
THE single os installed) since '98. Im above 30, a bit on the heavy side
but I can see my toes when I look down (and bend my head only
slightly...) I kind of stumbled across the mailing-lists recently...

Yours,
Nils

Paul Hartman 01-20-2011 03:44 PM

The new guy

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Nils Andresen <nils@nils-andresen.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm Nils - "the new guy".
> I have been using gentoo since 2005.0 (or something...) and linux (as
> THE single os installed) since '98. Im above 30, a bit on the heavy side
> but I can see my toes when I look down (and bend my head only
> slightly...) I kind of stumbled across the mailing-lists recently...

Welcome to the list. I have mostly the same story here, though there
was a period of years after DOS where I used OS/2 (with dualboot to
Slackware), eventually changing to purely Gentoo Linux in 2004-2005 or
so.

In my day job I have worked in a 100% Microsoft environment for 10+
years, with a mix of Novell Netware and Microsoft before that. I
haven't gone insane yet, but I think I'm showing subtle signs with
each passing day...

Paul

Neal Hogan 01-21-2011 01:46 AM

The new guy

Am I missing something that indicates the OP is serious?

Hazen Valliant-Saunders 01-21-2011 01:50 AM

The new guy

Welcome To the list;

Generally this is for usability / tech supprot for the gentoo community.

--
Hazen Valliant-Saunders Adipl. CISSP ITIL MCSE MCP
IT/IS Consultant

Thomas Yao 01-21-2011 01:57 AM

The new guy

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Nils Andresen <nils@nils-andresen.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm Nils - "the new guy".
> I have been using gentoo since 2005.0 (or something...) and linux (as
> THE single os installed) since '98. Im above 30, a bit on the heavy side
> but I can see my toes when I look down (and bend my head only
> slightly...) I kind of stumbled across the mailing-lists recently...
>
> Yours,
> Nils

Welcome :)

--
Twitter: @ghosTM55
Facebook.com/ghosThomas

Mechanism, not policy

Thanasis 01-21-2011 06:19 AM

The new guy

on 01/21/2011 04:46 AM Neal Hogan wrote the following:
> Am I missing something that indicates the OP is serious?
If you mean the OP is probably *not* serious, I agree ...

Nils Andresen 01-21-2011 06:40 AM

The new guy

Am 21.01.2011 08:19, schrieb Thanasis:
> on 01/21/2011 04:46 AM Neal Hogan wrote the following:
>> Am I missing something that indicates the OP is serious?
> If you mean the OP is probably *not* serious, I agree ...

Hmm. I only wanted to say "Hi" before my first "real" post.
I find it nice when someone introduces him/her on a list, forum,
whatever - for me that includes a word or two about oneself.
The describing-myself part was not-so-serious. All true, though.

So, if I offended someone by choosing a non-tech subject for my first
post I hereby apologize.

Yours,
Nils

Blackdream W 01-21-2011 10:40 AM