Old 01-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Neil Bothwick

Default Find root partition

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 17:02:41 +0100, Matthias Fechner wrote:

> I switched now to a new mainboard and it seems that the drive numbering
> changed or my kernel does not detect any hard disks...
> If I try to boot my gentoo the kernel panic because it cannot find the
> root partition.

Have you included the drivers for your new SATA chipset in the kernel?

--
Neil Bothwick

DCE seeks DTE for mutual exchange of data.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Matthias Fechner

Dear list,

I switched now to a new mainboard and it seems that the drive numbering
changed or my kernel does not detect any hard disks...
If I try to boot my gentoo the kernel panic because it cannot find the
root partition.

After the panic I cannot scroll up to check what drives are detected and
which numbering is used. What must I do to be able to scroll up to see
what is logged to the screen?
(is there maybe a special key available, the shift+page-up and scroll is
not working)

Thanks
Matthias

Rich Cook