Old 01-16-2011, 06:17 AM
Victor Fragoso

Default Gnome problem (?)

Hello,
After upgrading xorg to 1.9 now Gnome is not able to start session. This is the message I get after login in using GDM
Protocol not supported by server.xmodmap: unable to open display ':0'
which: no keychain in [PATH]
*** gnome-session: 32574: WARNING ** cannot open display
If I run startx, everything works no complaints.I have an nvidia card, and I have the latest one (apparently running well).

Any suggestion/idea?
Thanks in advance
--
Victor