Old 01-16-2011, 04:38 AM
Philip Webb

Default Pth & Fluxbox

Yesterday's weekly system update brought 2 small noticeable improvements.

I boot into a raw console, then 'startx' to get going with Fluxbox.
For the past few weeks, there has been a small delay
while a little blank square was displayed in the top left corner,
until the toolbar (panel) + (FB)pager appeared.
After updating to pth-2.0.7-r2 both box & delay have vanished.

It's not clear why these events sb related, as Pth is needed only for KDE.
I have a lot of KDE 4 apps installed & ~/.xinitrc starts Kdelibs,
but that shouldn't affect the opening of Fluxbox:
at this stage, only Gkrellm has been started.

See other msg for the other improvement + a query.

SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb