FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-15-2011, 02:17 PM
doherty pete
 
Default X -config fail

when�i�inputXorg�-configurethe�log�is
[ � 440.615]�X.Org X Server 1.9.2Release Date: 2010-10-30[ � 440.628] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
[ � 440.628] Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.37 i686 Gentoo[ � 440.629] Current Operating System: Linux localhost 2.6.37 #9 SMP Sat Jan 15 22:54:06 Local time zone must be set--see zic �i686[ � 440.630] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.34-gentoo-r1 root=/dev/sda10
[ � 440.630] Build Date: 15 January 2011 �10:39:31PM[ � 440.631] �[ � 440.632] Current version of pixman: 0.20.0[ � 440.632] Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
to make sure that you have the latest version.[ � 440.633] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting, (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.[ � 440.636] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sat Jan 15 23:02:17 2011
[ � 440.637] (++) Using config file: "./xorg.conf.new"[ � 440.637] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"[ � 440.638] (==) ServerLayout "X.org Configured"
[ � 440.638] (**) |-->Screen "Screen0" (0)[ � 440.638] (**) | � |-->Monitor "Monitor0"[ � 440.638] (**) | � |-->Device "Card0"[ � 440.638] (**) |-->Input Device "Mouse0"
[ � 440.638] (**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard0"[ � 440.638] (==) Automatically adding devices[ � 440.638] (==) Automatically enabling devices[ � 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/misc/" does not exist.
[ � 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.[ � 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/" does not exist.[ � 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.
[ � 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/OTF/" does not exist.[ � 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.[ � 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/" does not exist.
[ � 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.[ � 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/" does not exist.[ � 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.
[ � 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/" does not exist.[ � 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.[ � 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/misc/" does not exist.
[ � 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.[ � 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/" does not exist.[ � 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.
[ � 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/OTF/" does not exist.[ � 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.[ � 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/" does not exist.
[ � 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.[ � 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/" does not exist.[ � 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.
[ � 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/" does not exist.[ � 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.[ � 440.638] (**) FontPath set to:
[ � 440.638] (**) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"[ � 440.638] (WW) AllowEmptyInput is on, devices using drivers 'kbd', 'mouse' or 'vmmouse' will be disabled.
[ � 440.638] (WW) Disabling Mouse0[ � 440.638] (WW) Disabling Keyboard0[ � 440.638] (II) Loader magic: 0x81f6de0[ � 440.638] (II) Module ABI versions:[ � 440.638] X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
[ � 440.638] X.Org Video Driver: 8.0[ � 440.638] X.Org XInput driver : 11.0
[ � 440.638] X.Org Server Extension : 4.0[ � 440.639] (--) PCI:*(0:2:0:0) 10de:0a75:1025:0370 rev 162, Mem @ 0xcc000000/16777216, 0xd0000000/268435456, 0xce000000/33554432, I/O @ 0x00002000/128, BIOS @ 0x????????/524288
[ � 440.639] (II) "extmod" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.[ � 440.639] (II) "dbe" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.
[ � 440.639] (II) "glx" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.[ � 440.639] (II) "record" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.
[ � 440.639] (II) "dri" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.[ � 440.639] (II) "dri2" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.
[ � 440.639] (II) LoadModule: "dri2"[ � 440.640] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdri2.so[ � 440.640] (II) Module dri2: vendor="X.Org Foundation"[ � 440.640] compiled for 1.9.2, module version = 1.2.0
[ � 440.640] ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 4.0[ � 440.640] (II) Loading extension DRI2[ � 440.640] (II) LoadModule: "record"
[ � 440.640] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/librecord.so[ � 440.640] (II) Module record: vendor="X.Org Foundation"[ � 440.640] compiled for 1.9.2, module version = 1.13.0
[ � 440.640] Module class: X.Org Server Extension[ � 440.640] ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 4.0
[ � 440.640] (II) Loading extension RECORD[ � 440.640] (II) LoadModule: "glx"[ � 440.640] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so[ � 440.640] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[ � 440.640] compiled for 1.9.2, module version = 1.0.0[ � 440.640] ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 4.0
[ � 440.640] (==) AIGLX enabled[ � 440.640] (II) Loading extension GLX[ � 440.640] (II) LoadModule: "dri"[ � 440.640] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdri.so
[ � 440.640] (II) Module dri: vendor="X.Org Foundation"[ � 440.640] compiled for 1.9.2, module version = 1.0.0[ � 440.640] ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 4.0
[ � 440.640] (II) Loading extension XFree86-DRI[ � 440.640] (II) LoadModule: "dbe"[ � 440.640] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdbe.so[ � 440.640] (II) Module dbe: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[ � 440.640] compiled for 1.9.2, module version = 1.0.0[ � 440.640] Module class: X.Org Server Extension
[ � 440.640] ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 4.0[ � 440.640] (II) Loading extension DOUBLE-BUFFER[ � 440.640] (II) LoadModule: "extmod"
[ � 440.641] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libextmod.so[ � 440.641] (II) Module extmod: vendor="X.Org Foundation"[ � 440.641] compiled for 1.9.2, module version = 1.0.0
[ � 440.641] Module class: X.Org Server Extension[ � 440.641] ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 4.0
[ � 440.641] (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER[ � 440.641] (II) Loading extension XFree86-VidModeExtension[ � 440.641] (II) Loading extension XFree86-DGA[ � 440.641] (II) Loading extension DPMS
[ � 440.641] (II) Loading extension XVideo[ � 440.641] (II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation[ � 440.641] (II) Loading extension X-Resource[ � 440.641] (II) LoadModule: "nvidia"
[ � 440.641] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.so[ � 440.641] (II) Module nvidia: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"[ � 440.641] compiled for 4.0.2, module version = 1.0.0
[ � 440.641] Module class: X.Org Video Driver[ � 440.641] (II) NVIDIA dlloader X Driver �260.19.29 �Wed Dec �8 12:10:28 PST 2010[ � 440.641] (II) NVIDIA Unified Driver for all Supported NVIDIA GPUs
[ � 440.641] (--) using VT number 7
[ � 440.662] (II) Loading sub module "fb"[ � 440.662] (II) LoadModule: "fb"[ � 440.662] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfb.so
[ � 440.662] (II) Module fb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"[ � 440.662] compiled for 1.9.2, module version = 1.0.0[ � 440.662] ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[ � 440.662] (II) Loading sub module "wfb"[ � 440.662] (II) LoadModule: "wfb"[ � 440.662] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libwfb.so[ � 440.662] (II) Module wfb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[ � 440.662] compiled for 1.9.2, module version = 1.0.0[ � 440.662] ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[ � 440.662] (II) Loading sub module "ramdac"[ � 440.662] (II) LoadModule: "ramdac"[ � 440.662] (II) Module "ramdac" already built-in[ � 440.662] (==) NVIDIA(0): Depth 24, (==) framebuffer bpp 32
[ � 440.662] (==) NVIDIA(0): RGB weight 888[ � 440.662] (==) NVIDIA(0): Default visual is TrueColor[ � 440.662] (==) NVIDIA(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)[ � 440.662] (**) NVIDIA(0): Enabling RENDER acceleration
[ � 440.662] (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the GLX module; please check in your X[ � 440.663] (EE) NVIDIA(0): � � log file that the GLX module has been loaded in your X[ � 440.663] (EE) NVIDIA(0): � � server, and that the module is the NVIDIA GLX module. �If
[ � 440.663] (EE) NVIDIA(0): � � you continue to encounter problems, Please try[ � 440.663] (EE) NVIDIA(0): � � reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.[ � 441.179] (II) NVIDIA(0): NVIDIA GPU GeForce 310M (GT218) at PCI:2:0:0 (GPU-0)
[ � 441.179] (--) NVIDIA(0): Memory: 524288 kBytes[ � 441.179] (--) NVIDIA(0): VideoBIOS: 70.18.49.00.07[ � 441.179] (II) NVIDIA(0): Detected PCI Express Link width: 16X[ � 441.179] (--) NVIDIA(0): Interlaced video modes are supported on this GPU
[ � 441.179] (--) NVIDIA(0): Connected display device(s) on GeForce 310M at PCI:2:0:0[ � 441.179] (--) NVIDIA(0): � � AUO (DFP-0)[ � 441.179] (--) NVIDIA(0): AUO (DFP-0): 330.0 MHz maximum pixel clock
[ � 441.179] (--) NVIDIA(0): AUO (DFP-0): Internal Dual Link LVDS[ � 441.219] (II) NVIDIA(0): Assigned Display Device: DFP-0[ � 441.219] (==) NVIDIA(0):�[ � 441.220] (==) NVIDIA(0): No modes were requested; the default mode "nvidia-auto-select"
[ � 441.220] (==) NVIDIA(0): � � will be used as the requested mode.[ � 441.220] (==) NVIDIA(0):�[ � 441.220] (II) NVIDIA(0): Validated modes:[ � 441.220] (II) NVIDIA(0): � � "nvidia-auto-select"
[ � 441.220] (II) NVIDIA(0): Virtual screen size determined to be 1366 x 768[ � 442.273] (--) NVIDIA(0): DPI set to (111, 114); computed from "UseEdidDpi" X config[ � 442.273] (--) NVIDIA(0): � � option
[ � 442.273] (==) NVIDIA(0): Enabling 32-bit ARGB GLX visuals.[ � 442.273] (--) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp[ � 442.273] (II) NVIDIA: Using 768.00 MB of virtual memory for indirect memory access.
[ � 442.274] (II) NVIDIA(0): Initialized GPU GART.[ � 442.278] (II) NVIDIA(0): ACPI: failed to connect to the ACPI event daemon; the daemon[ � 442.278] (II) NVIDIA(0): � � may not be running or the "AcpidSocketPath" X
[ � 442.278] (II) NVIDIA(0): � � configuration option may not be set correctly. �When the[ � 442.278] (II) NVIDIA(0): � � ACPI event daemon is available, the NVIDIA X driver will[ � 442.278] (II) NVIDIA(0): � � try to use it to receive ACPI event notifications. �For
[ � 442.278] (II) NVIDIA(0): � � details, please see the "ConnectToAcpid" and[ � 442.278] (II) NVIDIA(0): � � "AcpidSocketPath" X configuration options in Appendix B: X[ � 442.278] (II) NVIDIA(0): � � Config Options in the README.
[ � 442.280] (II) NVIDIA(0): Setting mode "nvidia-auto-select"[ � 442.665] (II) Loading extension NV-GLX[ � 442.691] (II) NVIDIA(0): Initialized OpenGL Acceleration[ � 442.699] (==) NVIDIA(0): Disabling shared memory pixmaps
[ � 442.699] (II) NVIDIA(0): Initialized X Rendering Acceleration[ � 442.699] (==) NVIDIA(0): Backing store disabled[ � 442.699] (==) NVIDIA(0): Silken mouse enabled[ � 442.706] (==) NVIDIA(0): DPMS enabled
[ � 442.706] (II) Loading extension NV-CONTROL[ � 442.706] (II) Loading extension XINERAMA[ � 442.706] (II) Loading sub module "dri2"[ � 442.706] (II) LoadModule: "dri2"
[ � 442.706] (II) Reloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdri2.so[ � 442.706] (II) NVIDIA(0): [DRI2] Setup complete[ � 442.706] (==) RandR enabled[ � 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension Generic Event Extension
[ � 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension SHAPE[ � 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension MIT-SHM[ � 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension XInputExtension[ � 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension XTEST
[ � 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension BIG-REQUESTS[ � 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension SYNC[ � 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD[ � 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension XC-MISC
[ � 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA[ � 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension XFIXES[ � 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension RENDER[ � 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension RANDR
[ � 442.707] (II) Initializing built-in extension COMPOSITE[ � 442.707] (II) Initializing built-in extension DAMAGE[ � 442.717] (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable[ � 442.717] (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
[ � 442.719] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so[ � 442.719] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0[ � 442.752] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Power Button (/dev/input/event2)
[ � 442.752] (**) Power Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"[ � 442.752] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"[ � 442.752] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module evdev
[ � 442.752] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"[ � 442.752] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0)[ � 442.752] (EE) No input driver matching `evdev'
[ � 442.756] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Lid Switch (/dev/input/event0)[ � 442.756] (II) No input driver/identifier specified (ignoring)[ � 442.756] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Sleep Button (/dev/input/event1)
[ � 442.756] (**) Sleep Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"[ � 442.756] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"[ � 442.757] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module evdev
[ � 442.757] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"[ � 442.757] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0)[ � 442.757] (EE) No input driver matching `evdev'
[ � 442.760] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Logitech USB Receiver (/dev/input/event4)[ � 442.760] (**) Logitech USB Receiver: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"[ � 442.760] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"
[ � 442.760] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module evdev[ � 442.760] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"[ � 442.760] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0)
[ � 442.760] (EE) No input driver matching `evdev'[ � 442.761] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Logitech USB Receiver (/dev/input/mouse0)[ � 442.761] (II) No input driver/identifier specified (ignoring)
[ � 442.761] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Logitech USB Receiver (/dev/input/event5)[ � 442.761] (**) Logitech USB Receiver: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"[ � 442.761] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"
[ � 442.761] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module evdev[ � 442.761] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"[ � 442.761] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0)
[ � 442.761] (EE) No input driver matching `evdev'[ � 442.765] (II) config/udev: Adding input device AT Translated Set 2 keyboard (/dev/input/event3)[ � 442.765] (**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[ � 442.765] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"[ � 442.765] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module evdev[ � 442.765] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"[ � 442.765] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0)
[ � 442.765] (EE) No input driver matching `evdev'[ � 442.766] (II) config/udev: Adding input device SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad (/dev/input/event6)[ � 442.766] (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: Applying InputClass "evdev touchpad catchall"
[ � 442.766] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"[ � 442.766] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module evdev[ � 442.766] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"[ � 442.766] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0)
[ � 442.766] (EE) No input driver matching `evdev'[ � 442.766] (II) config/udev: Adding input device SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad (/dev/input/mouse1)[ � 442.766] (II) No input driver/identifier specified (ignoring)


[ � 440.662] (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the GLX module; please check in your X[ � 440.663] (EE) NVIDIA(0): � � log file that the GLX module has been loaded in your X
[ � 440.663] (EE) NVIDIA(0): � � server, and that the module is the NVIDIA GLX module. �If[ � 440.663] (EE) NVIDIA(0): � � you continue to encounter problems, Please try[ � 440.663] (EE) NVIDIA(0): � � reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.

[ � 442.765] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0)
i�have�emerg�nvidia-drivers
and�set�/etc/make.cofwhat's�the�matter?
--
pete_doherty
 
Old 01-15-2011, 03:06 PM
"Kostya Sha."
 
Default X -config fail

On 15.01.2011, at 17:17, doherty pete wrote:when*i*inputXorg*-configurethe*log*is
[ * 440.615]*X.Org X Server 1.9.2Release Date: 2010-10-30[ * 440.628] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
[ * 440.628] Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.37 i686 Gentoo[ * 440.629] Current Operating System: Linux localhost 2.6.37 #9 SMP Sat Jan 15 22:54:06 Local time zone must be set--see zic *i686[ * 440.630] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.34-gentoo-r1 root=/dev/sda10
[ * 440.630] Build Date: 15 January 2011 *10:39:31PM[ * 440.631] *[ * 440.632] Current version of pixman: 0.20.0[ * 440.632] Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
to make sure that you have the latest version.[ * 440.633] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting, (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.[ * 440.636] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sat Jan 15 23:02:17 2011
[ * 440.637] (++) Using config file: "./xorg.conf.new"[ * 440.637] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"[ * 440.638] (==) ServerLayout "X.org Configured"
[ * 440.638] (**) |-->Screen "Screen0" (0)[ * 440.638] (**) | * |-->Monitor "Monitor0"[ * 440.638] (**) | * |-->Device "Card0"[ * 440.638] (**) |-->Input Device "Mouse0"
[ * 440.638] (**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard0"[ * 440.638] (==) Automatically adding devices[ * 440.638] (==) Automatically enabling devices[ * 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/misc/" does not exist.
[ * 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.[ * 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/" does not exist.[ * 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.
[ * 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/OTF/" does not exist.[ * 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.[ * 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/" does not exist.
[ * 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.[ * 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/" does not exist.[ * 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.
[ * 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/" does not exist.[ * 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.[ * 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/misc/" does not exist.
[ * 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.[ * 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/" does not exist.[ * 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.
[ * 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/OTF/" does not exist.[ * 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.[ * 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/" does not exist.
[ * 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.[ * 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/" does not exist.[ * 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.
[ * 440.638] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/" does not exist.[ * 440.638] Entry deleted from font path.[ * 440.638] (**) FontPath set to:
[ * 440.638] (**) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"[ * 440.638] (WW) AllowEmptyInput is on, devices using drivers 'kbd', 'mouse' or 'vmmouse' will be disabled.
[ * 440.638] (WW) Disabling Mouse0[ * 440.638] (WW) Disabling Keyboard0[ * 440.638] (II) Loader magic: 0x81f6de0[ * 440.638] (II) Module ABI versions:[ * 440.638] X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
[ * 440.638] X.Org Video Driver: 8.0[ * 440.638] X.Org XInput driver : 11.0
[ * 440.638] X.Org Server Extension : 4.0[ * 440.639] (--) PCI:*(0:2:0:0) 10de:0a75:1025:0370 rev 162, Mem @ 0xcc000000/16777216, 0xd0000000/268435456, 0xce000000/33554432, I/O @ 0x00002000/128, BIOS @ 0x????????/524288
[ * 440.639] (II) "extmod" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.[ * 440.639] (II) "dbe" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.
[ * 440.639] (II) "glx" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.[ * 440.639] (II) "record" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.
[ * 440.639] (II) "dri" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.[ * 440.639] (II) "dri2" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.
[ * 440.639] (II) LoadModule: "dri2"[ * 440.640] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdri2.so[ * 440.640] (II) Module dri2: vendor="X.Org Foundation"[ * 440.640] compiled for 1.9.2, module version = 1.2.0
[ * 440.640] ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 4.0[ * 440.640] (II) Loading extension DRI2[ * 440.640] (II) LoadModule: "record"
[ * 440.640] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/librecord.so[ * 440.640] (II) Module record: vendor="X.Org Foundation"[ * 440.640] compiled for 1.9.2, module version = 1.13.0
[ * 440.640] Module class: X.Org Server Extension[ * 440.640] ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 4.0
[ * 440.640] (II) Loading extension RECORD[ * 440.640] (II) LoadModule: "glx"[ * 440.640] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so[ * 440.640] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[ * 440.640] compiled for 1.9.2, module version = 1.0.0[ * 440.640] ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 4.0
[ * 440.640] (==) AIGLX enabled[ * 440.640] (II) Loading extension GLX[ * 440.640] (II) LoadModule: "dri"[ * 440.640] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdri.so
[ * 440.640] (II) Module dri: vendor="X.Org Foundation"[ * 440.640] compiled for 1.9.2, module version = 1.0.0[ * 440.640] ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 4.0
[ * 440.640] (II) Loading extension XFree86-DRI[ * 440.640] (II) LoadModule: "dbe"[ * 440.640] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdbe.so[ * 440.640] (II) Module dbe: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[ * 440.640] compiled for 1.9.2, module version = 1.0.0[ * 440.640] Module class: X.Org Server Extension
[ * 440.640] ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 4.0[ * 440.640] (II) Loading extension DOUBLE-BUFFER[ * 440.640] (II) LoadModule: "extmod"
[ * 440.641] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libextmod.so[ * 440.641] (II) Module extmod: vendor="X.Org Foundation"[ * 440.641] compiled for 1.9.2, module version = 1.0.0
[ * 440.641] Module class: X.Org Server Extension[ * 440.641] ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 4.0
[ * 440.641] (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER[ * 440.641] (II) Loading extension XFree86-VidModeExtension[ * 440.641] (II) Loading extension XFree86-DGA[ * 440.641] (II) Loading extension DPMS
[ * 440.641] (II) Loading extension XVideo[ * 440.641] (II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation[ * 440.641] (II) Loading extension X-Resource[ * 440.641] (II) LoadModule: "nvidia"
[ * 440.641] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.so[ * 440.641] (II) Module nvidia: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"[ * 440.641] compiled for 4.0.2, module version = 1.0.0
[ * 440.641] Module class: X.Org Video Driver[ * 440.641] (II) NVIDIA dlloader X Driver *260.19.29 *Wed Dec *8 12:10:28 PST 2010[ * 440.641] (II) NVIDIA Unified Driver for all Supported NVIDIA GPUs
[ * 440.641] (--) using VT number 7
[ * 440.662] (II) Loading sub module "fb"[ * 440.662] (II) LoadModule: "fb"[ * 440.662] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfb.so
[ * 440.662] (II) Module fb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"[ * 440.662] compiled for 1.9.2, module version = 1.0.0[ * 440.662] ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[ * 440.662] (II) Loading sub module "wfb"[ * 440.662] (II) LoadModule: "wfb"[ * 440.662] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libwfb.so[ * 440.662] (II) Module wfb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[ * 440.662] compiled for 1.9.2, module version = 1.0.0[ * 440.662] ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[ * 440.662] (II) Loading sub module "ramdac"[ * 440.662] (II) LoadModule: "ramdac"[ * 440.662] (II) Module "ramdac" already built-in[ * 440.662] (==) NVIDIA(0): Depth 24, (==) framebuffer bpp 32
[ * 440.662] (==) NVIDIA(0): RGB weight 888[ * 440.662] (==) NVIDIA(0): Default visual is TrueColor[ * 440.662] (==) NVIDIA(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)[ * 440.662] (**) NVIDIA(0): Enabling RENDER acceleration
[ * 440.662] (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the GLX module; please check in your X[ * 440.663] (EE) NVIDIA(0): * * log file that the GLX module has been loaded in your X[ * 440.663] (EE) NVIDIA(0): * * server, and that the module is the NVIDIA GLX module. *If
[ * 440.663] (EE) NVIDIA(0): * * you continue to encounter problems, Please try[ * 440.663] (EE) NVIDIA(0): * * reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.[ * 441.179] (II) NVIDIA(0): NVIDIA GPU GeForce 310M (GT218) at PCI:2:0:0 (GPU-0)
[ * 441.179] (--) NVIDIA(0): Memory: 524288 kBytes[ * 441.179] (--) NVIDIA(0): VideoBIOS: 70.18.49.00.07[ * 441.179] (II) NVIDIA(0): Detected PCI Express Link width: 16X[ * 441.179] (--) NVIDIA(0): Interlaced video modes are supported on this GPU
[ * 441.179] (--) NVIDIA(0): Connected display device(s) on GeForce 310M at PCI:2:0:0[ * 441.179] (--) NVIDIA(0): * * AUO (DFP-0)[ * 441.179] (--) NVIDIA(0): AUO (DFP-0): 330.0 MHz maximum pixel clock
[ * 441.179] (--) NVIDIA(0): AUO (DFP-0): Internal Dual Link LVDS[ * 441.219] (II) NVIDIA(0): Assigned Display Device: DFP-0[ * 441.219] (==) NVIDIA(0):*[ * 441.220] (==) NVIDIA(0): No modes were requested; the default mode "nvidia-auto-select"
[ * 441.220] (==) NVIDIA(0): * * will be used as the requested mode.[ * 441.220] (==) NVIDIA(0):*[ * 441.220] (II) NVIDIA(0): Validated modes:[ * 441.220] (II) NVIDIA(0): * * "nvidia-auto-select"
[ * 441.220] (II) NVIDIA(0): Virtual screen size determined to be 1366 x 768[ * 442.273] (--) NVIDIA(0): DPI set to (111, 114); computed from "UseEdidDpi" X config[ * 442.273] (--) NVIDIA(0): * * option
[ * 442.273] (==) NVIDIA(0): Enabling 32-bit ARGB GLX visuals.[ * 442.273] (--) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp[ * 442.273] (II) NVIDIA: Using 768.00 MB of virtual memory for indirect memory access.
[ * 442.274] (II) NVIDIA(0): Initialized GPU GART.[ * 442.278] (II) NVIDIA(0): ACPI: failed to connect to the ACPI event daemon; the daemon[ * 442.278] (II) NVIDIA(0): * * may not be running or the "AcpidSocketPath" X
[ * 442.278] (II) NVIDIA(0): * * configuration option may not be set correctly. *When the[ * 442.278] (II) NVIDIA(0): * * ACPI event daemon is available, the NVIDIA X driver will[ * 442.278] (II) NVIDIA(0): * * try to use it to receive ACPI event notifications. *For
[ * 442.278] (II) NVIDIA(0): * * details, please see the "ConnectToAcpid" and[ * 442.278] (II) NVIDIA(0): * * "AcpidSocketPath" X configuration options in Appendix B: X[ * 442.278] (II) NVIDIA(0): * * Config Options in the README.
[ * 442.280] (II) NVIDIA(0): Setting mode "nvidia-auto-select"[ * 442.665] (II) Loading extension NV-GLX[ * 442.691] (II) NVIDIA(0): Initialized OpenGL Acceleration[ * 442.699] (==) NVIDIA(0): Disabling shared memory pixmaps
[ * 442.699] (II) NVIDIA(0): Initialized X Rendering Acceleration[ * 442.699] (==) NVIDIA(0): Backing store disabled[ * 442.699] (==) NVIDIA(0): Silken mouse enabled[ * 442.706] (==) NVIDIA(0): DPMS enabled
[ * 442.706] (II) Loading extension NV-CONTROL[ * 442.706] (II) Loading extension XINERAMA[ * 442.706] (II) Loading sub module "dri2"[ * 442.706] (II) LoadModule: "dri2"
[ * 442.706] (II) Reloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdri2.so[ * 442.706] (II) NVIDIA(0): [DRI2] Setup complete[ * 442.706] (==) RandR enabled[ * 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension Generic Event Extension
[ * 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension SHAPE[ * 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension MIT-SHM[ * 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension XInputExtension[ * 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension XTEST
[ * 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension BIG-REQUESTS[ * 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension SYNC[ * 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD[ * 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension XC-MISC
[ * 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA[ * 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension XFIXES[ * 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension RENDER[ * 442.706] (II) Initializing built-in extension RANDR
[ * 442.707] (II) Initializing built-in extension COMPOSITE[ * 442.707] (II) Initializing built-in extension DAMAGE[ * 442.717] (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable[ * 442.717] (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
[ * 442.719] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so[ * 442.719] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0[ * 442.752] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Power Button (/dev/input/event2)
[ * 442.752] (**) Power Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"[ * 442.752] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"[ * 442.752] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module evdev
[ * 442.752] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"[ * 442.752] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0)[ * 442.752] (EE) No input driver matching `evdev'
[ * 442.756] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Lid Switch (/dev/input/event0)[ * 442.756] (II) No input driver/identifier specified (ignoring)[ * 442.756] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Sleep Button (/dev/input/event1)
[ * 442.756] (**) Sleep Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"[ * 442.756] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"[ * 442.757] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module evdev
[ * 442.757] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"[ * 442.757] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0)[ * 442.757] (EE) No input driver matching `evdev'
[ * 442.760] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Logitech USB Receiver (/dev/input/event4)[ * 442.760] (**) Logitech USB Receiver: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"[ * 442.760] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"
[ * 442.760] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module evdev[ * 442.760] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"[ * 442.760] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0)
[ * 442.760] (EE) No input driver matching `evdev'[ * 442.761] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Logitech USB Receiver (/dev/input/mouse0)[ * 442.761] (II) No input driver/identifier specified (ignoring)
[ * 442.761] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Logitech USB Receiver (/dev/input/event5)[ * 442.761] (**) Logitech USB Receiver: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"[ * 442.761] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"
[ * 442.761] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module evdev[ * 442.761] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"[ * 442.761] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0)
[ * 442.761] (EE) No input driver matching `evdev'[ * 442.765] (II) config/udev: Adding input device AT Translated Set 2 keyboard (/dev/input/event3)[ * 442.765] (**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[ * 442.765] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"[ * 442.765] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module evdev[ * 442.765] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"[ * 442.765] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0)
[ * 442.765] (EE) No input driver matching `evdev'[ * 442.766] (II) config/udev: Adding input device SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad (/dev/input/event6)[ * 442.766] (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: Applying InputClass "evdev touchpad catchall"
[ * 442.766] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"[ * 442.766] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module evdev[ * 442.766] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"[ * 442.766] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0)
[ * 442.766] (EE) No input driver matching `evdev'[ * 442.766] (II) config/udev: Adding input device SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad (/dev/input/mouse1)[ * 442.766] (II) No input driver/identifier specified (ignoring)


[ * 440.662] (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the GLX module; please check in your X[ * 440.663] (EE) NVIDIA(0): * * log file that the GLX module has been loaded in your X
[ * 440.663] (EE) NVIDIA(0): * * server, and that the module is the NVIDIA GLX module. *If[ * 440.663] (EE) NVIDIA(0): * * you continue to encounter problems, Please try[ * 440.663] (EE) NVIDIA(0): * * reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.

[ * 442.765] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0)
i*have*emerg*nvidia-drivers
and*set*/etc/make.cofwhat's*the*matter?
--
pete_doherty


Please, check official documentation about howto configure nvidia and xorg.
 
Old 01-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Mick
 
Default X -config fail

On Saturday 15 January 2011 16:06:21 Kostya Sha. wrote:
> On 15.01.2011, at 17:17, doherty pete wrote:
> > when i input
> > Xorg -configure
> > the log is

> > [ 442.752] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist,
> > 0) [ 442.752] (EE) No input driver matching `evdev'

> > i have emerg nvidia-drivers
> > and set /etc/make.cof
> > what's the matter?
>
> Please, check official documentation about howto configure nvidia and xorg.

Did you specify your input devices (evdev, etc.) as and where the documents
suggest *before* you emerged xorg-server?
--
Regards,
Mick
 
Old 01-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Mark Shields
 
Default X -config fail

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> wrote:


On Saturday 15 January 2011 16:06:21 Kostya Sha. wrote:

> On 15.01.2011, at 17:17, doherty pete wrote:

> > when i input

> > Xorg -configure

> > the log is



> > [ * 442.752] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist,

> > 0) [ * 442.752] (EE) No input driver matching `evdev'



> > i have emerg nvidia-drivers

> > and set /etc/make.cof

> > what's the matter?

>

> Please, check official documentation about howto configure nvidia and xorg.



Did you specify your input devices (evdev, etc.) as and where the documents

suggest *before* you emerged xorg-server?

--

Regards,

Mick


What he said. *I would also try to modprobe nvidia manually to see if it loads:
# modprobe nvidia
 
Old 01-15-2011, 11:16 PM
walt
 
Default X -config fail

On 01/15/2011 07:17 AM, doherty pete wrote:

when i input
Xorg -configure
the log is



[ 442.765] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0)


This is all very confusing unless you know the history of evdev, which most
sane people don't know. (I obviously don't qualify as sane

Try emerging xf86-input-evdev.
 
Old 01-16-2011, 12:53 PM
doherty pete
 
Default X -config fail

how can i confim i have evdev,if i donn't have ,i think i have to edite /etc/make.cof USE=-evdev -dri -dri2 or VIDEOCARD="-evdev -dri -dri2"
and recompile xorg-server

2011/1/16 walt <w41ter@gmail.com>


On 01/15/2011 07:17 AM, doherty pete wrote:

when i input
Xorg -configure
the log is



[ * 442.765] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0)


This is all very confusing unless you know the history of evdev, which most
sane people don't know. (I obviously don't qualify as sane

Try emerging xf86-input-evdev.






--
pete_doherty
 
Old 01-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Mick
 
Default X -config fail

On Sunday 16 January 2011 13:53:14 doherty pete wrote:
> how can i confim i have evdev,if i donn't have ,i think i have to edite
> /etc/make.cof USE=-evdev -dri -dri2 or VIDEOCARD="-evdev -dri -dri2"
> and recompile xorg-server

Pete, can you please read the documentation and follow it to the letter:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml

What you are asking is covered under the section titled "make.conf
configuration".


To find out if you have something installed you can try:
===============================
# emerge --search evdev
Searching...
[ Results for search key : evdev ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

* x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev
Latest version available: 2.5.0
Latest version installed: 2.5.0
Size of files: 306 kB
Homepage: http://xorg.freedesktop.org/
Description: Generic Linux input driver
License: MIT
===============================

If it has not been installed before, it will say:

Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]


Alternatively, you can emerge and use app-portage/eix and then run:
===============================
# eix -l evdev
[i] x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev
Available versions:
2.4.0 "alpha amd64 arm hppa ia64 ~mips ppc ppc64 sh sparc x86"
[debug]
2.5.0 "~alpha amd64 arm hppa ~ia64 ~mips ~ppc ppc64 ~sh ~sparc
x86"
~ 2.6.0 "~alpha ~amd64 ~arm ~hppa ~ia64 ~mips ~ppc ~ppc64 ~sh ~sparc
~x86"
Installed versions: 2.5.0(22:20:38 26/12/10)
Homepage: http://xorg.freedesktop.org/
Description: Generic Linux input driver
===============================


Finally, if you know the exact package name try running:
===============================
# emerge -1aDv xf86-input-evdev

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild R ] x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev-2.5.0 0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No] No

Quitting.
============================

The R symbol denotes that you are trying to re-emerge it. If you hadn't
installed it, you get [ebuild N ] for 'new'.

HTH.


PS. Please try to avoid top posting. It breaks the natural flow of the
discussion.


> 2011/1/16 walt <w41ter@gmail.com>
>
> > On 01/15/2011 07:17 AM, doherty pete wrote:
> >> when i input
> >> Xorg -configure
> >> the log is
> >>
> > [ 442.765] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist,
> >
> >> 0)
> >
> > This is all very confusing unless you know the history of evdev, which
> > most sane people don't know. (I obviously don't qualify as sane
> >
> > Try emerging xf86-input-evdev.

--
Regards,
Mick
 
Old 01-18-2011, 05:51 PM
doherty pete
 
Default X -config fail

i'm*sorry,but*chinese*doc*is*different*form*englis h*doc,i*read*chinese*doc*and*loss*some*step.

2011/1/16 Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com>

On Sunday 16 January 2011 13:53:14 doherty pete wrote:

> how can i confim i have evdev,if i donn't have ,i think i have to edite

> /etc/make.cof USE=-evdev -dri -dri2 or VIDEOCARD="-evdev -dri -dri2"

> and recompile xorg-server



Pete, can you please read the documentation and follow it to the letter:


http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml



What you are asking is covered under the section titled "make.conf

configuration".





To find out if you have something installed you can try:

===============================

# emerge --search evdev

Searching...

[ Results for search key : evdev ]

[ Applications found : 1 ]



* *x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev

* * *Latest version available: 2.5.0

* * *Latest version installed: 2.5.0

* * *Size of files: 306 kB

* * *Homepage: * * *http://xorg.freedesktop.org/

* * *Description: * Generic Linux input driver

* * *License: * * * MIT

===============================



If it has not been installed before, it will say:



* * Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]





Alternatively, you can emerge and use app-portage/eix and then run:

===============================

# eix -l evdev

[i] x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev

* * Available versions:

* * * * * * * * * * * *2.4.0 "alpha amd64 arm hppa ia64 ~mips ppc ppc64 sh sparc x86"

[debug]

* * * * * * * * * * * *2.5.0 "~alpha amd64 arm hppa ~ia64 ~mips ~ppc ppc64 ~sh ~sparc

x86"

* * * * * * * *~ * * * 2.6.0 "~alpha ~amd64 ~arm ~hppa ~ia64 ~mips ~ppc ~ppc64 ~sh ~sparc

~x86"

* * Installed versions: *2.5.0(22:20:38 26/12/10)

* * Homepage: * * * * * *http://xorg.freedesktop.org/

* * Description: * * * * Generic Linux input driver

===============================





Finally, if you know the exact package name try running:

===============================

# emerge -1aDv xf86-input-evdev



These are the packages that would be merged, in order:



Calculating dependencies... done!

[ebuild * R * ] x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev-2.5.0 *0 kB



Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB



Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No] No



Quitting.

============================



The R symbol denotes that you are trying to re-emerge it. *If you hadn't

installed it, you get [ebuild *N * *] for 'new'.



HTH.





PS. *Please try to avoid top posting. *It breaks the natural flow of the

discussion.





> 2011/1/16 walt <w41ter@gmail.com>

>

> > On 01/15/2011 07:17 AM, doherty pete wrote:

> >> when i input

> >> Xorg -configure

> >> the log is

> >>

> > *[ * 442.765] (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module does not exist,

> >

> >> 0)

> >

> > This is all very confusing unless you know the history of evdev, which

> > most sane people don't know. (I obviously don't qualify as sane

> >

> > Try emerging xf86-input-evdev.



--

Regards,

Mick



--
pete_doherty
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:38 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org