-   -   ivtv on 2.6.36-gentoo-r5 kernel. (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/475709-ivtv-2-6-36-gentoo-r5-kernel.html)

Michael Sullivan 01-12-2011 06:40 PM

ivtv on 2.6.36-gentoo-r5 kernel.

I am now running Linux camille 2.6.36-gentoo-r5 kernel. My ivtv drivers
don't work with this kernel. The newest ivtv drivers in portage only
work on 2.6.25 kernels. What should I do?

Jacob Todd 01-12-2011 06:57 PM

ivtv on 2.6.36-gentoo-r5 kernel.

Did you try downloading and building a newer version from the ivtv website? If there's a version there that works with the new kernels, file a bug report on f.g.o for a version bump, and either wait for that or use hand built drivers that won't be tracked by portage. If your card doesn't have drivers that work with your new kernel,* you're pretty much s.o.l.

Paul Hartman 01-12-2011 07:03 PM

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am now running Linux camille 2.6.36-gentoo-r5 kernel. *My ivtv drivers
> don't work with this kernel. *The newest ivtv drivers in portage only
> work on 2.6.25 kernels. *What should I do?

The IVTV driver should be included in the kernel sources already since
2.6.22, from what I can find on Google.

From what I can tell, you should emerge the latest ivtv-utils and
it'll tell you if your kernel is missing any configuration options.