Old 01-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Paul Hartman

Default OT: Combining two MoBos...

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 11:24 AM, <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is a shot/question into the dark:
>
> Suppose I would have two identical motherboards (desktop), both identical
> equipped with a multi-core CPU each (AMD).
>
> Two questions:
> 1: Is it possible to run one of the boards without a graphics card?
> 2: Can I "combine" both (how?) to use the power of both for rendering
> * purposes?
>
> Thank you very much for any inspiration!

Good luck

High Performance Computing on Gentoo Linux
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/hpc-howto.xml

Old 01-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2011-01-12, meino.cramer@gmx.de <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is a shot/question into the dark:
>
> Suppose I would have two identical motherboards (desktop), both identical
> equipped with a multi-core CPU each (AMD).
>
> Two questions:
> 1: Is it possible to run one of the boards without a graphics card?

That depends on the board.

> 2: Can I "combine" both (how?) to use the power of both for rendering
> purposes?

Yes. Use any of the available parallel-programming libaries:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_programming_model

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I'm meditating on
at the FORMALDEHYDE and the