Old 01-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

Default Enabling debugging symbols only for specific packages

Is there a way to enable debugging symbols only for some packages? I
need to do that for about 15 packages. Currently, all I can do is edit
make.conf all the time when emerging one of those and add "-g" to CFLAGS
and "splitdebug" to FEATURES. But I *always* forget about it the first
time, ending up building twice.

Before anyone replies about enabling the "debug" USE flag on those
package: No. This is not what this USE flag is there for.