Old 01-10-2011, 02:28 AM

Default Endless mysql-update

Hi,

since some time I got the same mysql update displayed after doing

eix-sync && emerge --color=n -p -v --newuse --update --deep world

. How can I stop mysql from this ?

Best regards,
mcc

Old 01-10-2011, 03:29 AM
Dale

meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:

Hi,

since some time I got the same mysql update displayed after doing

eix-sync&& emerge --color=n -p -v --newuse --update --deep world

. How can I stop mysql from this ?

Best regards,
mcc

I don't use the package but this may help. Have you ran revdep-rebuild
lately? If that comes back clean and it does it even if you haven't
re-synced, then maybe it is a bug or something.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 01-10-2011, 06:58 PM

Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> [11-01-10 18:17]:
> meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > since some time I got the same mysql update displayed after doing
> >
> > eix-sync&& emerge --color=n -p -v --newuse --update --deep world
> >
> >. How can I stop mysql from this ?
> >
> >Best regards,
> >mcc
> >

> I don't use the package but this may help. Have you ran revdep-rebuild
> lately? If that comes back clean and it does it even if you haven't
> re-synced, then maybe it is a bug or something.
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

Hi,

revdep comes without problems.
This evening mysql was again to be updated...
But I dont think, that this is a bug. I do
more tend to believe that it is something...

Best regards,
mcc

Old 01-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Paul Hartman

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 9:28 PM, <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:
> *Hi,
>
> *since some time I got the same mysql update displayed after doing
>
> * *eix-sync && emerge --color=n -p -v --newuse --update --deep world
>
> . How can I stop mysql from this ?

If it's related to the MySQL/MariaDB blockage ensure your
virtual/mysql has the same USE flags as dev-db/mysql