-   -   pdf -> txt (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/474484-pdf-gt-txt.html)

James 01-09-2011 10:45 PM

pdf -> txt

<meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:

> I explored the manual of that tool (pdftk) but didnt find any
> hint of converting pdf ot txt.
> Please, give me one little, a keyword, only an option
> which I can search for in the documentation to find
> out how to convert pdf to txt with pdftk.

Maybe this page can help?
http://www.pdflabs.com/docs/pdftk-cli-examples/
Maybe pdftk is not the right tool for your needs?

If all you want to do is convert a pdf to text, just
use acroread (as previously suggested):

There is a button at the top to save out the pdf file into
a txt file....
-->File-->Save as Text

cya,
James

01-09-2011 11:52 PM

pdf -&amp;gt; txt

James <wireless@tampabay.rr.com> [11-01-10 01:41]:
> <meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
>

> > I explored the manual of that tool (pdftk) but didnt find any
> > hint of converting pdf ot txt.
> > Please, give me one little, a keyword, only an option
> > which I can search for in the documentation to find
> > out how to convert pdf to txt with pdftk.
>

> Maybe this page can help?
> http://www.pdflabs.com/docs/pdftk-cli-examples/
> Maybe pdftk is not the right tool for your needs?
>

> If all you want to do is convert a pdf to text, just
> use acroread (as previously suggested):
>
> There is a button at the top to save out the pdf file into
> a txt file....
> -->File-->Save as Text
>

> cya,
> James

Hi James,

I asked here for a tool to convert from pdf to txt.
I had to recompile the gcc (missing USE-flag) to install pdftk.