Old 02-05-2008, 01:44 AM
"W.Kenworthy"

Default OO and slot 5500

I use openoffice on two systems and one has developed a dialog box that
says /home/$[user]/slot:5500 is unavailable. Cancelling causes the
requested document to open normally. This happened back a few weeks ago
after some updates (but by the time I noticed it, it was too late tell
which ones). OO wasnt one of the updates and its otherwise fine. I
just upgraded to 2.3.1.2 and its still there.

anyone have any clues where to look?

BillK

Old 02-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Mick

On Tuesday 05 February 2008, W.Kenworthy wrote:
> I use openoffice on two systems and one has developed a dialog box that
> says /home/$[user]/slot:5500 is unavailable. Cancelling causes the
> requested document to open normally. This happened back a few weeks ago
> after some updates (but by the time I noticed it, it was too late tell
> which ones). OO wasnt one of the updates and its otherwise fine. I
> just upgraded to 2.3.1.2 and its still there.
>
> anyone have any clues where to look?

Not sure if relevant, but slot:5500 defines a parameter of the OOo toolbar,
probably something to do with an image on the toolbar? Have you perhaps
customised your OOo toolbar, then done away with the ~/.ooo-2.0 directory or
files therein and it now complains about it?

HTH.
Mick

Old 02-05-2008, 11:11 PM
"W.Kenworthy"

Thanks for the hint. I had deleted my user gnome directories but not
the oo ones so I did not consider that to be the problem. Clicking on
the custom icons (i.e., using them) was enough to fix the it.

Thanks,
BillK