Old 01-08-2011, 02:24 PM
James

Default pdf -> txt

<meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:

> Can you give me a hint, how to create ASCII text from pdf files

The simpliest method is to install app-text/acroread

There is a button at the top to save out the pdf file into
an txt file....

-->File-->Save as Text

Other tools, such as the one I mentioned previously, have
greater capability, but need to be 'explored' and 'researched'
and 'tested' by the potential user.

hth,

James

Old 01-08-2011, 03:47 PM

Default pdf -&gt; txt

James <wireless@tampabay.rr.com> [11-01-08 17:16]:
> <meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
>

> > Can you give me a hint, how to create ASCII text from pdf files
>
> The simpliest method is to install app-text/acroread
>

> There is a button at the top to save out the pdf file into
> an txt file....
>

> -->File-->Save as Text
>

> Other tools, such as the one I mentioned previously, have
> greater capability, but need to be 'explored' and 'researched'
> and 'tested' by the potential user.
>

> hth,
>
> James

Hi James,

I explored the manual of that tool (pdftk) but didnt find any
hint of converting pdf ot txt.

Please, give me one little, a keyword, only an option
which I can search for in the documentation to find
out how to convert pdf to txt with pdftk.

Thank you so much in advance for any help regarding this!

Best regards and have a nice weekend!
mcc