Old 01-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Stroller

Default More locale oddness

Hi there,

Can anyone else reproduce this, please, or tell me what behaviour is expected?

$ locale
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_TIME=en_GB.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
$ date +"%l:%M%P"
1:39
$ LC_TIME="POSIX"
$ date +"%l:%M%P"
1:39am
$

I had a single line of only LANG="en_GB.UTF-8" in /etc/env.d/02locale; adding LC_TIME="POSIX" allows various scripts and stuff (I've written) to show the date properly, but I think I read somewhere that this is bad.

Thanks for any advice,

Stroller.