-   -   pdf -> txt (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/473416-pdf-txt.html)

James 01-07-2011 12:40 AM

pdf -> txt

<meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:

> I want to convert a couple of pdf-documents, which
> are of test and "ASCIIbased tables", to pure text
> (ASCII, vim-editable ;) ).

app-text/pdftk

http://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-the-pdf-toolkit/

Is very cool for all things PDF on linux.....

hth,
James

01-07-2011 03:18 PM

pdf -> txt

James <wireless@Tampabay.rr.com> [11-01-07 04:03]:
> <meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
>

> > I want to convert a couple of pdf-documents, which
> > are of test and "ASCIIbased tables", to pure text
> > (ASCII, vim-editable ;) ).
>
> app-text/pdftk
>
> http://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-the-pdf-toolkit/
>

> Is very cool for all things PDF on linux.....
>

> hth,
> James

Hi James,

I think I need an additional help...

Can you give me a hint, how to create ASCII text from pdf files
(as mentioned in my initial mail) with pdftk?

Thank you very much in advance fro your help!

Best regards,
mcc