Old 01-06-2011, 02:45 AM

Default pdf -> txt

Hi,

I want to convert a couple of pdf-documents, which
are of test and "ASCIIbased tables", to pure text
(ASCII, vim-editable ).

What tool/s are worth being tried out for this task?

Best regards
mcc

Old 01-06-2011, 03:19 AM
Nikos Chantziaras

I want to convert a couple of pdf-documents, which
are of test and "ASCIIbased tables", to pure text
(ASCII, vim-editable ).

What tool/s are worth being tried out for this task?

pdftotext might help. Comes with app-text/poppler.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:48 AM

Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@arcor.de> writes:

> On 01/06/2011 05:45 AM, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to convert a couple of pdf-documents, which
>> are of test and "ASCIIbased tables", to pure text
>> (ASCII, vim-editable ).
>>
>> What tool/s are worth being tried out for this task?
>>
>> Thank you very much in advance for any help!
>
> pdftotext might help. Comes with app-text/poppler.

If the output looks messed up, don't give up, first see the manpage,
there are some switches that may result in a better output.

I think using -layout will help you with the tables.

--
Nuno J. Silva
gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg