-   -   KDE - Could not create a python scriptengine (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/472701-kde-could-not-create-python-scriptengine.html)

Mark Knecht 01-05-2011 01:19 PM

KDE - Could not create a python scriptengine

Hi,
Problems in KDE widget land.

I did a daily emerge -DuN @world yesterday. Everything seemed fine
until I booted up this morning. Now a number of my KDE desktop widgets
are all saying

Could not create a python scriptengine for the FadingCalendar widget.

(change the name for each widget on my desktop.)

I tried removing and adding the widget back but I get the same error.

Looking at my emerge log it seem that PyQt4 was emerged yesterday.
I see other reports on the web of this problem some 2 years ago on
some platforms where PyQt was presumed to be involved. I've made no
use flag or package changes on this system.

Is anyone else seeing anything like this?

Cheers,
Mark

ich bins 01-05-2011 01:23 PM

Am 05.01.2011 15:19, schrieb Mark Knecht:
> Hi,
> Problems in KDE widget land.
>
> I did a daily emerge -DuN @world yesterday. Everything seemed fine
> until I booted up this morning. Now a number of my KDE desktop widgets
> are all saying
>
> Could not create a python scriptengine for the FadingCalendar widget.
>
> (change the name for each widget on my desktop.)
>
> I tried removing and adding the widget back but I get the same error.
>
> Looking at my emerge log it seem that PyQt4 was emerged yesterday.
> I see other reports on the web of this problem some 2 years ago on
> some platforms where PyQt was presumed to be involved. I've made no
> use flag or package changes on this system.
>
> Is anyone else seeing anything like this?
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Hi!

Try the remerge alle packages PyQt4 depends on: (equery d PyQt4)

Neil Bothwick 01-05-2011 02:21 PM

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 06:19:26 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Looking at my emerge log it seem that PyQt4 was emerged yesterday.
> I see other reports on the web of this problem some 2 years ago on
> some platforms where PyQt was presumed to be involved. I've made no
> use flag or package changes on this system.

I had something similar recently that required re-emerging pykde4. at the
time, that wouldn't compile until I added a patch
to /etc/portage/patches/kde-base/pykde4-4.5.4 but the patch may be in
the potage tree now.

--
Neil Bothwick

Time for a diet! -- [NO FLABBIER].