Old 01-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Grant

Default Slotted PHP behavior

I just upgraded to php-5.3.4 which I believe went into a new slot. Is
slotted behavior new for PHP? I think things have been rearranged.
Can someone clue me in to the new layout? For example, I get:

# /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
* Caching service dependencies ...
* apache2 has detected an error in your setup:
apache2: Syntax error on line 149 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf: Syntax
error on line 4 of /etc/apache2/modules.d/70_mod_php5.conf: Cannot
load /usr/lib64/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into server:
/usr/lib64/apache2/modules/libphp5.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory

- Grant

Old 01-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Hung Dang

I just upgraded to php-5.3.4 which I believe went into a new slot. Is
slotted behavior new for PHP? I think things have been rearranged.
Can someone clue me in to the new layout? For example, I get:

# /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
* Caching service dependencies ...
* apache2 has detected an error in your setup:
apache2: Syntax error on line 149 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf: Syntax
error on line 4 of /etc/apache2/modules.d/70_mod_php5.conf: Cannot
load /usr/lib64/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into server:
/usr/lib64/apache2/modules/libphp5.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory

- Grant

I had a similar problem before and I did solve it by running this
command: eselect php set apache2 php5.3. I believe I get this
command from a Gentoo official PHP guide.

Hung