Old 01-02-2011, 11:43 AM
4k3nd0

Default Problem building VMware Modul

Hi all,

i got trouble building the vmmon module for vmware workstation 7. I
tried with the ebuild driver as the module from vmware himself. Error
message is always the same(her the short one):

Using 2.6.x kernel build system.

make -C /lib/modules/2.6.36-gentoo-r6/build/include/.. SUBDIRS=$PWD SRCROOT=$PWD/.

MODULEBUILDDIR= modules

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.36-gentoo-r6'

CC [M] /usr/lib/vmware/modules/source/vmmon-only/linux/driver.o

/usr/lib/vmware/modules/source/vmmon-only/linux/driver.c: In Funktion »init_module«:

/usr/lib/vmware/modules/source/vmmon-only/linux/driver.c:425: Fehler: »struct file_operations« hat kein Element namens »ioctl«

make[2]: *** [/usr/lib/vmware/modules/source/vmmon-only/linux/driver.o] Fehler 1

make[1]: *** [_module_/usr/lib/vmware/modules/source/vmmon-only] Fehler 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.36-gentoo-r6'

make: *** [vmmon.ko] Fehler 2

I don't know how to solve this problem. Anyone a idea?
Kernelinfo:
Linux Slaxy 2.6.36-gentoo-r6 #1 SMP Tue Dec 28 18:29:09 CET 2010 x86_64
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5600 @ 1.83GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Work with the 2.6.35 perfectly fine, did not change a thing in the config.

Greeting from Germany
Akendo

PS: Happy new year

Old 01-02-2011, 03:50 PM