Old 12-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Mark Knecht

Default RAID6/ext4 for /?

I haven't seen much discussion of ext4. Are people using it?

I have a new RAID6 I'm considering putting it on. I'd like to possibly
make the partition /, copy the existing system there and then use an
initrd to boot when I finally figure that out. (Never used one...)

Anything specific about ext4 that would make this a problem vs ext3.

Cheers,
Mark